This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

It’s almost offically Greek Week! It’s the one thing all Greeks look forward to in the spring, other than the darties of course. The theme this year is Ancient Greek; huge surprise, I know. The battle of the Greeks is about to begin this Friday, so here’s a guide to all things Greek Week. 

Friday, April 21st: 18+ Night at OHOP Bar

– To kick off Greek Week there will be a formal from 10pm-1am at OHOP Bar! There will be a $5 admission for people under 21. 

Sunday, April 23rd: Bowling at Old Town Lanes

– The classic bowling match will be on the agenda once again from 5pm-7pm. 

Monday, April 24th: Canoe Bailout at Wallace Pool 

– You can’t miss this event from 7pm-9pm! Greeks will try to sink each other’s canoe; it gets very intense. 

Tuesday, April 25th: Talent Show in The “Pit”

– The Greeks will show off their talents from 5:30pm-8:30pm. This is the most entertaining and final event of the week. The winner of the talent show and all of Greek week will be announced here. So come show your support, it’s always hilarious!

Don’t forget to check out these events this week/next week! I know with finals coming up that this is the most stressful time of the year, but use these events as a study break excuse. If it’s your first Greek Week, enjoy it and go to as many events as you can! If you’ve already experienced the thrill before, stay involved. You may only have a couple left or this may be your last Greek Week to do fun events like these with your sisters/brothers. Enjoy these times before adult life tells you it’s unacceptable to do three legged races at work. 

Photos: 1

Marissa Zink and is currently a sophomore at the University of Maine! She is a Child Development major with a minor in Legal Studies and hopes to go to law school in the future. Marissa is a proud sister of Alpha Phi and loves to hike, read, and drink coffee!