Grammy Award Fashion: Past Looks to Die For

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Grammy Award Fashion:  Past Looks to Die For

Grammy Awards is night full of music and is the biggest award show for music.  The Grammy’s bring artists, bands and producers alike for music’s biggest night.  Not only is it about music, the fashion choices for the Grammy’s are different than the elegance and class of the Oscars; it’s a time to have fun with fashion and where something that expresses yourself.  With many interesting fashion choices, there is room for both good and bad.  Here are my favorite looks from the past Grammy Awards.

My Top 10 Best Looks of Past Grammy Awards

Carrie Underwood 54th Grammy Awards, 2012

I think this dress is amazing!  Carrie always seems to make great fashion choices that are both very appropriate and fun.  This gown svelte gown is by Gomez- Gracia, it is the perfect fit for a girl like Carrie who has a small fit frame.

Beyonce 50th Grammy Awards, 2008

This is a dress by Ellie Saab.  Beyonce is also one who wears very well; this is a beautiful dress that is beautiful for Beyonce’s color with sparkle on the bodice and light chiffon fabric.  

Carrie 50th Grammy Awards, 2008

Carrie does it again with a beautiful Zuhair Murad gown.  It looks very comfortable which flows nicely from the waste.   The fabric is a beautiful color pattern on a light fabric.  The dress is fun and perfect for an awrds show that allows for fun fashion choices.  Although it does have a slight plunge to the neck line, Carrie brings it down by wearing her down. 

Rhianna 54th Grammy Awards, 2012

This is one of my favorite looks ever and I would wear it myself if I could.  It’s an Armani gown with a slit and plunging neckline and bare back.  I love this because where Rhianna started as a young singer; she has grown up to wear this mature gown.  I personally love the bare back and it goes well with the slit and low neckline.  The dress shows skin, but enough wear it’s still a gown and not a loin cloth. 

Lady Gaga 51st Grammy Awards, 2009

As crazy as this Armani creation is, I love this for her.  Lady Gaga is insane and eccentric and she pulls this off.  It is actually a cool design and an interesting fit to it.  Something very different, but she wears it well.

Paris Hilton, 54th Grammy Awards 2012

This is a Basil Soda design.  I love this dress; it looks great on Paris with her tall, yet fit frame.  White can be risky as it can wash out a light skin tone, but the dress pops with her darker skin tone.  It has a cool shape with a gold belt to add to this gorgeous dress.

Fergie, 53rd Grammy Award, 2011

I love the color of this Dolce and Gabbana creation.  I also love how it’s somewhat sheer, but still cover with this lace design.  

Sara Bareilles, 51st Grammy Awards 2009

This dress has a great color and is very fun for a Grammy Awards.  This is a Luisa Beccaria design. The color is pretty with red accent for the belt.  It is a light fabric that is not too heavy, but still adds body to the dress. 

Katy Perry, 51st Grammy Awards 2009

This is different from what Katy Perry would normally pick, but I love this!  The color is great with the beautiful embellishments in the front which just adds so much more to this Basil Soda gown.

Taylor Swift, 51st Grammy Awards 2009

This is a Kaufman Franco gown.  I really like the flow of the fabric and the neckline is pretty.  I mention fabric a lot, but the fabric is important especially for the comfort aspect and light fabrics like this give a nice flow.  Although, it is black, Taylor does wear it nicely and it is age appropriate.