This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Happy Halloweekend and Fraternity Friday! This week I was able to sit down with Cameron Beressi of Delta Tau Delta and talk to him about some of his achievements and future plans.

Cameron is a second-year Psychology major with a double minor in exercise science and nutrition. He says that being part of a fraternity is not only something that he is very proud of, but has helped him branch out socially and learn how to connect with people in professional settings. He manages the intramural sports for Delta Tau Delta as well as holding the position of FAAR (Fraternity Awards and Accreditation Report) Chair. As the FAAR Chair, he sends reports about his fraternity’s finances, grades in school, and risk management statistics to their national branch, which helps them keep their active status.

Cameron is also currently serving in the United States Marine Corps as a Rifleman. After college, he is planning on attending officer school and basic in Quantico, VA and traveling down to Pensacola, FL for flight school afterwards. Being a pilot for the Marines is one of his dream jobs, second to his goal after serving in the Marines of researching alternative treatments and therapies for people suffering with post-traumatic stress. He is currently stationed in Brunswick, ME, where he keeps up with his training while occasionally traveling out of state for field ops training.

Delta Tau Delta’s philanthropic organization is the Juvenile Diabetes Research Fund, which helps fund treatments and research for juvenile type 1 diabetes. In the spring, some of the brothers will help run the Dance-a-Thon with Delta Zeta to fundraise.

Two years ago, Delta suffered a tragedy when one of their brothers passed away from a battle with NUT Midline Carcinoma. His parents, along with the fraternity, raise money for a scholarship in his honor called the Chandler Langlois Scholarship. They have an upcoming trivia night on November 20 in the Union to help raise money, as well as a link to donate that will be at the end of this article.

Cameron’s drive for success in his academics and with his work in the Marine Corps is something that I have no doubt will take him far in his career and in his fraternity. Thank you Cameron for your service to your country and the continued service you are doing for the Greek community!

Chandler Langlois Memorial Scholarship:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/chandlerlangloisscholarshipfund

https://facebook.com/chandlerlangloisscholarshipfund

https://mainecampus.com/2018/03/remembering-chandler-langlois/

Quinn is an incoming fourth-year student at the University of Maine with a double major in Journalism and Political Science. She currently serves as a Campus Correspondent for the UMaine chapter as well as holding the position of editor in Chief! Outside of her involvement in Her Campus, she is involved in the dance department at the University of Maine and performs in the showcases each semester. Quinn enjoys writing articles focused on politics, government, and current events, and in February of this year published her Capstone research on political polarization in the American government. Upon graduation in the spring, she hopes to pursue a career in broadcast or print journalism, as well as obtaining a Master's degree in Journalism.  
Camille is a fourth-year Political Science major with minors in Leadership Studies and Legal Studies at the University of Maine. She is the Editor in Chief for her chapter, competes in competitive Mock Trial, and is the Treasurer of the Pre-Law Society. Her future plans are to graduate in 2020 and attend law school.