Fashion Trends You and Your Guy Can Share!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Fashion trends go in and out of style like crazy. Here at UMaine, we experience all the seasons (mostly winter) so we have a lot of room for creativity. Some of the latest fashion trends have blurred the gender lines and you see more women and men sharing the same styles and brands. It is tough to say who wore what first out of some of the recent interchangeable styles, but there is no doubt both genders can rock Uggs, different jean styles, fedoras, blazers, and scarf’s. I’m sure there are many more interchangeable styles between the sexes, but lets talk about these one.

The UGG Boot- With Ugg season approaching fast its time to check out the new styles. Living in such a boot friendly environment I’m sure at least every girl has a pair of Uggs. You don’t see that many guys with the latest Ugg Boots on their feet but with this seasons new Men’s collection and Tom Brady as the new poster boy maybe we will see more of them (lets hope so!). Not only do they have the familiar classic short cut Ugg, but also some really nice looking leather boots. No matter what guys say about Uggs being girly, Tom Brady can sure pull them off and he might be as manly as it gets. In Brady’s new Ugg ad you can see him sporting slippers, nice looking sneakers, and the Beacon boot, which is my favorite look on a guy.  Check out his new ad and see for yourself. If I were a dude, that would make me want to buy some Uggs.  Here is Glee’s Mattew Morrison sporting Uggs and True Religion jeans.

Cross Gender Denim- Within the casual environment at UMaine jeans are everywhere. Ripped jeans, tight jeans, jeggings- you name it UMaine has it. Jeans are probably one of the most common types of interchangeable styles between the sexes. New styles within our generation have been introduced like girls rocking the boyfriend jean and guys rocking the tight skinny jeans. Both boys and girls can be seen sporting ripped jeans, and it is only becoming more popular. True Religion denim for men has styles almost identical to their girls’ line. The stitching and pockets are the same and the ones that come ripped keep their high-end denim look.

The Fabulous Fedora– Hats have always been a fun accessory for both men and women. The fedora, which was introduced in the 50’s as a men’s hat, has been increasingly popular among women in the last year. Summer being the most popular season to sport the fedora, you can find girls wearing them night or day, at the beach or out on the town. Most men of our generation don’t sport the fedora unless they are super stylish or in a more urban setting opposed to up here at UMaine. So its up you to Her Campus UMaine Collegiettes to rock the fedora and encourage your guy friends to do the same.

Blazers for Both- Blazers are a hot fall trend that can be casual by day and dressier by night. Its tough to say, but I think women may have borrowed this look from the guys classic tuxedo ensemble. Women first started wearing the blazer with the business pantsuit, however, it is now it is more commonly seen with jeans or leggings. Obviously when guys dress up they sport the blazer but a hot trend for guys now is wearing the blazer with a white t-shirt and classic jeans.

Warm Up with Some Scarves- Scarves are now commonly seen as van interchangeable accessory between the sexes. Mostly seen in European fashion, men are seen matching a wool scarf with a casual leather jacket or a sport coat. Scarves have always been a popular accessory for women, but with temperatures dropping they are making their way into our boyfriends closets. With the popular infinity scarf, you can just throw it over your head and no adjusting needs to be done, which means perfect for sharing!

So if you and your boyfriend are looking to share some clothes or Uggs here are some style suggestions. Happy shopping and even happier sharing!

photo credit: google images