This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Fall in New England is known for its colors and radiance. The end of the summer transforms into red, orange and yellow leaves, breezy weather and sunshine. The nature is dressed to a T, so why shouldn’t we be too? Dressing for fall can be tough, especially with chilly mornings and warm afternoons, but it doesn’t mean we can’t beat the changing weather and still look cute! Staying on budget in college is always hard, so here’s some fall fashion ideas that will keep you comfortable, confident, and on budget.

First thing you’ll need to know if you already don’t: the website UniDays is a website specifically made for giving students discounts on so many different stores. You can find an assortment of stores, ranging from sporty to chic.

1. Cardigans and Sweaters

As basic as it seems, oversized sweaters and cardigans are an essential in the fall. They’re easy to throw on while still managing to look cute, comfortable, and warm. Some of the best places for comfy, chic sweaters are stores like Nasty Gal , where they have a variety of chunky sweaters for only $15-$20. They have sales a lot, so even the original price will be dropped!

2. Jumpers

The beginning of fall is still warm, and we all need convenience in our wardrobe on the hot days where we can pull something out quickly and go. Jumpers are an easy and accessible outfit, and paired with sandals or booties, they can make the perfect school fit for fall. One store that is perfect for your everyday jumpsuit is 2020Ave , and they have everyday sales and student discounts.

3. Booties

One staple I see a lot during the fall time are ankle booties. They’re easy to walk in, wicked cute, and can be paired with jeans, leggings, skirts, you name it. Pretty Little Thing not only has a wide selection of sales, but they have booties that range from all lengths of heel, a variety of colors, and different types of boots too.

Maddy is a junior at the University of Maine. She is from right outside of Worcester, Massachusetts. She is an English major and wants to become a journalist. In her free time, she skis, hikes, reads and hangs out with her friends.
Gabbi is a senior at the University of Maine studying English with a concentration in creative writing and a minor in Psychology. She hopes to write and publish her own novel one day!