Campus Celebrity: My Job Wave

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Her Campus UMaine Campus Celebrity:
My Job Wave

What’s more frightening than graduating college and leaving some of the best friends you have ever had? Leaving college without a job lined up. Its crunch time folks! With all the final projects and exams this month, it may have been easy to push to the wayside thinking about your plans for the future. Although there are many options post-graduation, the majority of students leave the University of Maine in search for their first, entry-level position. Career-Link and other job hosting sites are great if you are looking for a broad assortment of available positions. Many of us, however, do not have the time to spend weeding through all of the hodgepodge.

For those of you who are interested in staying in your New England roots after graduation, My Job Wave offers a one-stop site featuring such positions. My Job Wave, a print and online publication, offers a diverse selection of career opportunities throughout Maine and New Hampshire ranging from entry-level and above in a vast amount of markets.

My Job Wave has a weekly print publication featuring helpful job search, interview, and networking advice. To accentuate their services, the company has expanded to blogs, Facebook, and their online website. They also offer in person, individualized advice and tips on the job search process at local career fairs. In a market such as this one, tackling all possible mediums in the job search is important to raise your chances of landing a job after graduation and more importantly one that you actually enjoy! Never focus your search to only the internet because you never know what else you could be missing that is out there, but it is definitely the best place to start. The search for a job after graduation is a job in itself and My Job Wave helps in offering many different sources for your search.

By creating an account login on the My Job Wave site, you are able to host many different forms of industry tailored resumes that can then be sent out directly to the employers hosted on the site. Not only does this benefit you time wise, but it also ensures that you are applying to a position you are qualified for and the company will know this, taking your resume more seriously.  Employers then can directly contact the candidates from the website for a position they either are or are not publicly hosting. Other awesome features include alarms that can be set to send you a message notification when a position that matches your interests becomes available. Lastly, for all you techies out there, all these features can be accessed through their My Job Wave application for iPhone anywhere you are.

Whether staying in Maine or New Hampshire after graduation was ever a priority of yours, it is a great idea to take a look over at the My Job Wave site to check out the available positions in the area. Who knows, your entry-level position could lead you to the next big thing and it could be happening right here, in the state of your soon to be alma mater. Visit and chat with a My Job Wave representative at one of the upcoming career fairs across Maine:

• 4/13 – Androscoggin County job fair

• 4/20 – York County Regional Job Fair

• 4/24 – UMF job fair

• 4/24 – ValleyWorks Career Center job fair

• 4/27 – JMG Career Development Conference

• 5/24 – My Job Wave Career Fair at the Ocean Gateway in Portland, ME

Personal interview with Adrienne Nichols
www.myjobwave.com 

Olivia is a senior pursuing a Marketing degree at the University of Maine at Orono. Besides being a co-branch correspondent for the Her Campus UMaine Branch, she is the business manager for the University of Maine student newspaper, The Maine Campus. One of her many interests is fashion and writes as a contributing fashion writer for Her Campus UMaine. Olivia hopes to land a career in the industry after graduation.