Campus Celebrity: Danny Collins

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Danny Collins is a third year kinesiology and physical education major. He is the quarterback for the University of Maine football team.

So can you tell me about where you’re from and how you got into football?

I’m from Williamstown, NJ. It’s in Southern New Jersey about 20 minutes from Philadelphia and 30 from Atlantic City. I’ve played football since I was 5 years old. My entire family is very into sports and ever since I can remember I’ve had a helmet on.

How was the beginning of your college career?

My freshman and sophomore year were definitely learning years for football. I would say I focused a lot more on practice and being prepared and ready to go for practice and training every day.

So this year is your big year. What are you most excited for this season?

I have to say the games and just being able to get hyped up and go out and play with all my teammates. I really love this team and feel that we have something special as one unit. I honestly just can’t wait for each game and to see where this season takes us.

How did the game against BC go for you individually?

It was definitely a rough game and of course it’s going to be when you go up against an opponent like BC. You know that going in. I feel like I did “alright” which, for me, isn’t good enough. Last year, we struggled with moving the ball and not being able to be consistent. I think at times during the game we still struggled with that which I’m not happy about. We are working every day to become better as an offense and we are learning from our mistakes. We’re moving in the right direction.

Who is your favorite player and who is your favorite team?

I’d say my favorite player is Aaron Rodgers and my favorite team is the Philadelphia Eagles. I like all Philadelphia sports teams.

Anything else you’d like to add?

Just that we are really excited to play at home this year and can’t wait to see everyone out at the games!

Kate Berry is a fourth-year journalism major at the University of Maine in Orono. She loves reading about the latest trends and events.