Campus Celebrity: Bananas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Name: Bananas the Bear

Hometown: Orono

Occupation: Spirit Leader

Instagram: No Instagram- I do have facebook: facebook.com/bananastbear

Twitter: @BananasTBear #Yourewelcome

Website: UMaine.edu/bananas

Fun fact about yourself: My shoes only look tied!

Best UMaine Memory: Frozen Four (Mascot Game)

Favorite sport on campus: Bird’s nest of the Alfond Arena

Best advice for current Black Bears: Work hard! Study hard! Play hard! And more importantly- fill the steins!

How do you spend your time when you’re not at sporting events or other campus related activities? I spend a lot of my time studying in Fogler so I can finish my degree.

Who do you think is your biggest fan? I think it might be Dean Dana. We go way back!

What’s your favorite school event to attend? I love all the sports equally. I think it would be the Go Blue Fridays during the semesters to remind everyone about the games coming up.

What’s the best part about being Bananas? I am Bananas. I am able to interact with all of the university fans, students and alumni.

What’s the hardest part? Locked doors.

Why did you change your look? Everyone can appreciate a new fun makeover, it’s my time.

Who created the new look? Design team made up of individuals from the Marketing and Communication office (Alumni Hall 213) and the Alpha Delta National Fraternity.

What can we expect from the new Bananas? I can’t give away all my secrets!

Anything else? Check out my website and like me on Facebook! See you around!

Junior at the Univeristy of Maine studying Communication and minoring in Psychology. Member of Maine Army National Guard and active cappuccino drinker.
Kate Berry is a fourth-year journalism major at the University of Maine in Orono. She loves reading about the latest trends and events.