This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

With hockey season in full swing, we are featuring one of our star athletes, Meghann Treacy! She is currently a senior at UMaine and has been starting as Goalie for the women’s hockey team for all four years. Here’s a bit more about Meghann you wouldn’t know just by watching her save goals:

Where are you from?

Lake Peekskill, New York

What is your major?

Child development and family relations major with a psychology minor and a leadership studies minor.

What are your career goals?

My career goal is to become a high level goalie coach and help develop players not just on the ice but for the real world as well.

How are you involved on campus?

I am on the Women’s Ice hockey team and I am also a part of a peer educating group called Athletes for Sexual Responsibility.

Where is your favorite place to eat in Orono?

Margaritas!

How long have you been playing hockey for?

I have been playing hockey for 17 years. I started when I was 4.

What do you do to get yourself pumped up for games?

I relax and listen to some of my favorite songs. I always visualize myself making saves.

Why did you choose UMaine?

I chose UMaine because of the coaching staff here that I would be working with, but also because I loved the academic support for athletes that is available to us.

What is your favorite UMaine memory?

My favorite UMaine memory is Sweeping UNH at home last year.

What is your advice for incoming freshman?

Live in the moment and embrace every challenge you face.

Kate Berry is a fourth-year journalism major at the University of Maine in Orono. She loves reading about the latest trends and events.