Brady and Ivanka Rumors: Do We Really Care?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

It seems like Patriots-haters are always looking for a new reason to criticize every New Englander’s one true love – Tom Brady.  Kind of a stretch, but the newest controversy is an alleged fling between Brady and none other than Ivanka frickin Trump.  I’m not sure whether this is the most amazing or most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard.

This all started with Anthony Scaramucci.  Bizarre, I know.  This dude used to work for Goldman Sachs’ and now he’s gossiping on TMZ Live.  More relevant to the story, Scaramucci worked for the White House under Trump as the White House Communications Director for about a week.  He ended up getting fired from his position literally because he was trash talking members of the Trump administration.  He became relevant again after his termination from the position once he started whipping up this rumor.

Scaramucci was hosting TMZ Live when he started speaking about the time that Brady skipped a visit to the White House per request of his wife, THE Gisele Bündchen.  Such a goddess, such an icon, so much better than Ivanka.  Anyways.  Scaramucci was quoted saying on the show, “I don’t 100 percent know, but my guess is, which is typical, there could be a little bit of jealousy there and protection and possession of Tom Brady, and she probably didn’t want him to go.  I think Gisele shut him down.  Maybe there was a relationship between him and Ivanka at some point, I have no idea… Maybe it was someone else, I don’t know”.  This seems like the dialect of a nervous boy who spilled the beans on someone’s secret and is trying to save his butt.  Either that or he is totally making this up.

There has been no evidence uncovered to support this allegation.  I want to see the facts, let’s pull the phone records.  For now I think that this rumor is nothing more than speculation.  If this turns out to be true, I think I would still be just as in love with Tom Brady as I currently am so whatever.  We all have had past flings that we’re still embarrassed to bring up, and this would fall under that category for Brady.  It’s okay Tom, you upgraded, we forgive you.

Photos: 1, 2

Phoebe is a third year at the University of Maine double majoring in Child Development and Family Relations & Psychology in the Honors College. One day she plans to get her PhD in Child Clinical Psychology. She enjoys going to Celtics games when she's home in the greatest city on Earth (Boston), playing with her puppy, and spending time with her sisters of Alpha Phi.
Mary is a fourth year Ecology and Environmental Science major at the University of Maine, with a concentration in sustainability. Mary loves to read, spend time with her Alpha Phi sisters, cuddle with her cat, and drink coffee. She hopes to save the environment and adopt alllll the kitties.