This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

I’ll admit, it’s been a while since Beyoncé’s performance at Coachella opening weekend but if I’m being honest, I still think about it at least once every few hours.  I don’t mean to sound dramatic but I think I could live a pretty happily if someone set me up in front of a screen projector for the rest of my life and just had that performance streaming 24/7.  Not only was the performance visually and audibly STUNNING, it sent a message about the cultural significance of America’s historically black colleges and universities.  Everything that Beyoncé did on that stage was in celebration of what it means to be unapologetically black in a country that constantly wants to ignore and severely mistreat people of color. 

With all that being said, I was not the only one who felt like this about her performance.  People flocked to social media before, during, and after her performance to celebrate Queen B.  Below are some of the best reactions.  Enjoy!

Gabbi is a senior at the University of Maine studying English with a concentration in creative writing and a minor in Psychology. She hopes to write and publish her own novel one day!
Mary is a fourth year Ecology and Environmental Science major at the University of Maine, with a concentration in sustainability. Mary loves to read, spend time with her Alpha Phi sisters, cuddle with her cat, and drink coffee. She hopes to save the environment and adopt alllll the kitties.