This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Pre-Game: Exams are over and it’s time to pull out the solo cups. For ladies, the hours of getting ready are done and for guys, it’s time to pull out the thirty rack. It’s time to pre-game, and what’s a good pre-game without Cedric Gervais ft. Ali Tampos Love Again? Released this October, this song is upbeat and can cover any awkward moments until the buzz kicks in (…if you’re 21).

Party: Cabs and DD’s are called, and as you’re headed into the party and onto the dance floor what other song is better to jam out to than Flo Rida ft. Sage The Gemini & Lookas “GDFR?” Sept. 29th 2014 was the release date of this perfect song to dance to and add to your iPod next day.

Hip Hop and R&B: Whether you’re at the gym, getting pumped up, or doing whatever floats your boat, Only by Nicki Minaj ft. Chris Brown, Drake, and Lil Wayne will be your next purchase on iTunes. Released this October, this will easily be your new favorite.

Alternative: Roll your windows down because you will be cruising to I Bet My Life by the Imagine Dragons. A new single released October 27th 2014, this song will put you in a better mood immediately.

Country: Although this song is a little more on the pop-country side, it’s still a winner. Break Up in a Small Town by Sam Hunt. This was released on October 27th, 2014. You can find this easily, considering Montevallo is the number one album on the Country section of iTunes.

Throwback: Do I even need to explain this one? I’m pretty sure everyone has related to this song. Get ready to feel old, because everyone’s favorite jam, I’m a Flirt by R. Kelly ft T.I. & T-Pain was released in 2007. Perfect song to put on if everyone is down to throwback.

Hannah began her involvement with Her Campus as a contributing writer for the UMaine chapter after transferring from Seton Hall University in 2013. Currently, she is the HC UMaine Campus Correspondent and a Chapter Advisor. She is also a staff writer at the University of Maine's student newspaper, The Maine Campus. As a fourth year Journalism student with an English minor, Hannah enjoys writing everything from hard news stories to GIF-filled listicles. In addition to her involvement with Her Campus, Hannah coaches a junior varsity high school cheerleading team. In her spare time, you can find Hannah sharing hair tips on her personal blog, obsessing over Justin Bieber and re-watching episodes of Gossip Girl.