Bare It All with Bare Minerals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

This month’s product that we are raving about is Bare Minerals Foundation. I have to say, since I started using it this summer, I will never go back to using any other product for my face. Before using Bare Minerals, I used either MAC’s tinted moisturizer or Cover Girl’s tinted moisturizer with just some bronzer and a little bit of blush on top for some color. I was never a fan of heavy liquid foundations because it felt like my pores were literally suffocating, and it always looked (for the lack of better words) “cakey“.

I wanted to try something that had a little bit more coverage than what tinted moisturizers have to offer; for special occasions or even on days when my skin isn’t looking up to par. I went into ULTA one day after work on a mission to find the perfect product that would satisfy everything on my checklist.

After talking to the sales lady she knew exactly what I wanted. She instantly put me on a chair at one of the counters and said to me, “after I’m done applying Bare Minerals on you, you’re going to be so mad at yourself for not trying it sooner.” I can’t say I’m kicking myself in the butt for not trying it sooner, I mean better now than never, right? But I gotta give it to her; here I am, 4 months later ranting and raving about the product. My beauty regimen soul has officially been sold to Bare Minerals.

Why it’s a must-try:this product is made to cater to every skin shade, type and condition. I kid you not, no matter what category you fall in, there’s one that will work with you. For instance, I get the tan with the red under tone in matte. With the tan, there are two options, red undertone or a golden-yellowish undertone. There are two options you can chose from, depending on your skin type; the regular formula or the matte formula (both contain 15 SPF). I have combination skin but in the summer it’s more oily so I got the matte formula and it works wonders.

The best feature of this product is that it feels like there is nothing on your face and it enhances your features verses trying to cover everything up like a mask.  Last, but not least, I have really sensitive skin and I found that this product doesn’t cause me to break out or irritate my skin at all. 

So what are you waiting for? Log onto their website now and use their “get matched” tool to help you find your perfect foundation and start going “Bare”!

photo credit: google images