5 Things You Should Try to Do this Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

1. Go on as many hikes as possible!

Not only is this a great way to get some exercise but it’s also a great way to explore. There are so many places to hike, whether you are in Maine or not. Take some time to really appreciate the beauty of the outdoors because before you know it, you will be back at UMaine and the cold weather will be here before you know it.

2. Work!

Now is the time to make some money, people. Although we all look forward to summer and the warm weather, most of us use these months to make some cash preparing ourselves for the upcoming school year. It might not be the way you want to spend your summer, but it will help you in the long run.

3. Catch up with old friends.

Everyone has different lives now than we did a couple years ago, so take the time to meet up with your friends and talk about all the experiences you have had this past year.

4. Spend time with your family.

It may seem kind of lame, but seriously, hang out with your family as much as you can. They have probably missed you like crazy this year and you are only home for three months, so make the most of it.

5.  Relax and have fun!

Even though you will be crazy busy with work, family, and catching up with old friends, try and take some time for yourself and just relax. Enjoy the warm weather! It won’t last for long.

Photo: 1

Chloe is a fourth-year Mass Communication major at the University of Maine. She is the Editor-in-Chief/Campus Correspondent of Her Campus UMaine. She is also contributing editor for Odyssey UMaine. Check out her blog at https://cdyer.bangordailynews.com/. She is passionate about writing, and in her free time enjoys reading, traveling and blogging.