5 Lemonade Cocktails to Sip While Watching Lemonade

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

It was only a matter of time before Queen Bey blindsided us all with yet another album. And man, was this one as rough as it was unexpected. We could all use a drink! Lemonade is all anyone’s talking about (and Becky with the good hair, obviously) so we’ve compiled a list of five lemonade cocktails to enjoy while watching Beyonce’s hour long visual album. Enjoy!

*We know it’s almost finals week, but please, drink responsibly.*

1. Frozen Lemonade with Coconut Rum

1.5 cups crushed ice cubes

3 tablespoons frozen lemonade concentrate

2 tablespoons coconut rum

Lime wedge, for garnish

Can it be summer already so I can drink one (or more) of these on my porch? It’s a simple drink, all you have to do is blend the ingredients until it’s a slushy consistency and then garnish with a lime wedge. 

2. Lavender Lemonade Martini

Ice cubes

Lavender simple syrup

1 oz vodka per drink

1 cup lemonade

Sugar for rim

Lavender sprigs or lemon slices, for garnish Lavender? Love it. Lemonade? Yes, please. Martini? Make it double. Use a lemon wedge to wet the rim of your glass and dip into sugar. Mix the lemonade with ice in a cocktail shaker, shake thoroughly. Fill glass ⅔ of the way with the lemonade, top off the rest with vodka and stir before garnishing.

3. Boozy Arnold Palmer

Ice cubes

2 cups iced tea

6-8 sprigs fresh mint

4 cups lemonade

1/2 cup vodka lemon slices

Sweet tea and lemonade is a great match, but why not add a little vodka to bring it to the next level? Muddle the mint into a pitcher and toss in plenty of ice cubes. Pour in your tea, lemonade, and vodka. Garnish with lemon slices.

4. Country Peach Lemonade

Ice cubes

Peach schnapps lemonade mint, for garnish

Mix a ratio of 2 oz (or ¼ cup) of Peach Schnapps for every 6 oz (or ¾ cup) of Lemonade

Serve over ice and garnish with fresh mint leaf.

5. Sea Salt Lemonade

Lemonade Tequila

Sea Salt Sugar

Ice

Usually sugar is associated with lemonade, not salt, but the combination of all three is delicious and refreshing! Add some tequila to taste and it’s a lemonade play on a margarita! With lyrics like “Ashes to ashes, dust to side chicks” and “Today I regret the night I put that ring on. He always got them f*cking excuses” it sounds like Queen Bey could use a drink as well.

Terry Shortt is a fourth year Journalism major minoring in WGS Studies and Creative Writing at the University of Maine. In her free time she enjoys writing, reading, playing dress up, crafting, and eating. She fancies herself to be a sex positive, feminist, Martha Stewart. She enjoys the simple pleasures in life, like warm summer nights and perfect cat-eyes.
Kate Berry is a fourth-year journalism major at the University of Maine in Orono. She loves reading about the latest trends and events.