5 Group Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Trying to plan an awesome group costume with your friends, but can’t seem to think of anything but the Spice Girls? Although Baby Spice, Posh, and the whole gang are a classic, we all want to be that group of people who grab everyone’s attention at the party while walking in. Here are some of the best group costumes for Halloween 2012.

Rugrats Crew: Everyone has that one ginger friend, right? Well there’s one character all ready! And who wouldn’t want to be the ringleader of the group, Tommy Pickles? Just wear a diaper, light blue shirt, and for laughs, carry around a pickle to represent the family name. Now for Phil and Lil, rock those adorable little green outfits and put a pink bow in your hair. Lastly, and personally my favorite, is Angelica. With the purple dress, high pigtails, and a Cynthia doll in hand, you’ve got your excuse to boss people around all night.

Bachelorette Party: You might be a little hesitant about this suggestion, but let me put it into perspective: a big group of girls, crazy outfits, boas, crowns, and most importantly…everything penis shaped. Who knows, maybe you have a guy friend who wants to walk around half naked all night pretending to be your stripper.

The different stages of Brittany Spears: Don’t worry; no one has to shave their head for the night! Luckily, our favorite teen sensation had many looks before the hairless blunder. Check out all her music videos for ideas!

Seven Deadly Sins: Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Envy, Pride. Pick your poison.

Gwen and her Harajuku Girls: The great thing about this costume is that you can really take the idea and run with it. Harajuku girls are all about being different, so the more creative you are, the better! Anything funky, edgy and basically abnormal will help you rock the look. Don’t forget the finishing touch of red lipstick only in the center of your lips! This will really give you that authentic look.

Deirdre Cusack

U Mass Amherst

I am a senior Communication and English major at the University of Massachusetts. I love music, food, dancing, my friends and family not in that particular order but preferably at the same time. I am an avid reader and have always had a passion for writing. I have an incurable addiction to iced coffee, popcorn, Boston sports and anything that sparkles. I hope to one day live in New York City and pursue a career at Cosmo.