This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

There’s no feeling quite like watching someone you love open a perfect gift picked out for them. The way their eyes light up, their disbelief- “What?! You did not!”- and knowing that huge smile on their face was all thanks to you. Whatever holiday you celebrate, I think we can all agree that giving gifts is always fun, but it’s not always easy. The combination of preparing for finals week and being a broke college student that wants to shop is enough to cause a complete meltdown.

To help prevent you from having this meltdown, here’s a list of 25 unique gifts under $25! Don’t forget­, money can’t buy happiness, but who has time to DIY a gift for everybody?

** Prices subject to change. **

1. For the Beauty Obsessed.

Smashbox Try It Kit from Sephora

Beauty minis are super useful. Not only are they a great way to try new products without committing to a full size, but they can easily be popped into your purse for on-the-go touch-ups! High­-end products for a low price? You can’t beat it.

2. For your Girl Gang.

Fries Before Guys Pin from ban.do

Forget matching best friend necklaces, these pins are where it’s at. At $10 a piece, you can get one for the whole group.

3. For the Disney Lover.

5 Piece Disney Princess Utensil Set from Etsy

Whoever unwraps this gift will love being able to add a little Disney magic to any cooking.

4. For your Dad.

Knock Knock Slang Flashcards from Amazon

Low-key make fun of your pops for trying to be hip with these hilarious flashcards. Just don’t blame us when he starts saying everything is “on fleek.”

5. For your Mom.

Personalized 8.5×11 Family Portrait with Custom Message – Illustration from Etsy

Seriously, how cute is this little custom portrait? Supporting artists is always a good thing and your mom will love the personal touch. This is a strange time for parents because they watch their babies are become closer to full-fledged adulthood­. She’ll appreciate being able to look at the family all together.

6. For the Gamer.

Arm Rest Organizer from Staples

For the videogame-obsessed friends in your life, give them the gift of ultimate convenience. It holds remotes, snacks and more, all from the comfort of your couch!

7. For the Busy Friend.  

Leopard Weekly Desk Pad from Cat Bird NYC

This chic desk pad ​will help even the busiest of bees keep organized and their workspace adorable.    

8. For the Foodie.  

Zoku Ice Cream Maker from Williams-Sonoma

Your food-­obsessed friend will be able to whip up all sorts of fancy ice creams with this contraption. ​Carrot Cardamom? Molasses Banana? You name it. Just make sure to tell them they have to share!    

9. For the Dapper Dude.

Here Comes Stubble DIY Shaving Cream Kit from ModCloth

Nothing says class like an old-school shave kit. Practical and luxurious, this one’s sure to be a hit.      

10. For the Internet Obsessed.  

Pixel Real Life Glasses from Etsy

We all have that one friend who always posts memes on your wall, and they’re sure to love these shades. Where do people come up with this stuff? The Internet is a strange place.    

11. For the Beer Enthusiast.

Wooden 6-Pack Beer Caddy with Bottle Opener from Bed Bath & Beyond

Not only is this nifty caddy perfect for bringing beer to any social gathering, but it’s even got a bottle opener attached. If you were feeling super generous, you could even put a couple bottles of your friend’s favorite brew in there!    

12. For the Wine Lover.

There May Be Wine In Here Coffee Mug from Etsy

There can’t be presents for the beer fans without the winos, too! This mug is a great gift that people will laugh at, but your friend can say, “No, but I’m actually drinking wine.” 

13. For the Yoga Addict.  

Gaiam On-The-Go Yoga Mat Carrier from Amazon

Nothing kills a vibe like trying to juggle a big yoga mat. Whoever receives this gift will appreciate the lightweight, hands­free option! Namaste.

14. For the Writer.  

642 Things to Write About Journal from Fancy

Ah, writer’s block. The bane of any wordsmith’s existence. Give them this journal to take a break and get their creativity flowing again! Who knows, maybe they’ll be so thankful they’ll write a novel dedicated to you someday.  

15. For the Crafty Pal.  

Flower Embroidery Kit from Etsy

Some people can actually make crafts from Pinterest without total disaster. How? We’re not sure. A fun DIY kit is not only convenient, but something fun for them to do when all the holiday craziness winds down.

16. For the Gym Buff.  

Thermos Nissan Intak Hydration Water Bottle with Meter from Amazon

Not only does this bottle help you track your water intake, but the lid can be flipped open with a push of a button. The fitness lover in your life will appreciate not having to fumble when trying to hydrate while working out.

17. For the Long Distance Friend.  

Long Distance Custom Keychain of the United States from Etsy

This sweet and simple keychain will let your friend know they may not be near, but you’re thinking of them.    

18. For the Cat Obsessed.  

Crazy Cat Lady Collar Clips from Etsy

Is it just me or does everyone have that one friend who loves their cat above all? With these cute collar clips, your friend can show off their love of all felines and fashion- at the same time!    

19. For the New Mom.  

Mary Teething Necklace from Etsy

It’s true, we’re getting to the age where some of our friends are (eek!) married and/or starting families. This necklace is not only super cute, but it’s something that babies can teethe on. It even has a handy breakaway clasp in case it gets yanked. The beads are made from the same material as bottle nipples and pacifiers. Plus, they’re individually knotted, so no worries about safety!    

20. For the Bookworm.  

Baby Got Book Tote from ModCloth

This cute and clever tote is a perfect way for your book-loving pal to bring their books wherever they go while showcasing their love of all things literary.    

21. For the Guitar Player.  

Pick Punch from Uncommon Goods

They’ll never be without a pick again with this handy gadget. And look, a way to put their school ID to use after graduation!  

22. For the Feminist.  

The Goddesses Shirt from Thugz Maison

This shirt is a shout out to some of the most influential women in the feminist movement, a great gift your friend will wear with pride.

23. For the Coffee Addict.  

Grady’s Cold Brew Bean Bag Can from Grady’s Cold Brew

Cold Brew coffee is all the rage right now, even this time of year, but that fancy java is not cheap. Give your caffeinated pal the gift of super hip coffee ­without breaking the bank.  

24. For the Foul­-Mouthed Friend.  

Wire Bitch Ring from Etsy

This ring is somehow adorable and crass at the same time. Tell your friend she can wear it on her middle finger to really make her point.    

25. For You.  

Ice Cream & Netflix Stainless Steel Stamped Spoon from Etsy

Hey, like we said, wrapping up a semester can make it hard to get into the holiday spirit. You’ve earned it. Let the writing on this spoon be your winter break mantra­ and then use it to eat ice cream. 

Happy Holidays!  
Terry Shortt is a fourth year Journalism major minoring in WGS Studies and Creative Writing at the University of Maine. In her free time she enjoys writing, reading, playing dress up, crafting, and eating. She fancies herself to be a sex positive, feminist, Martha Stewart. She enjoys the simple pleasures in life, like warm summer nights and perfect cat-eyes.
Kate Berry is a fourth-year journalism major at the University of Maine in Orono. She loves reading about the latest trends and events.