10 Signs You’re Obsessed with Chipotle

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Admit it, when the “Oh my god I love Chipotle!” kid went viral, your friends were sending you the video at least three times a week. You’re just obsessed with Chipotle! Whether you’re a burrito girl or a bowl babe, your love for the Mexican Grill is so strong, it could have scored a role as Taylor Lautner’s body double in all five of the Twilight Saga movies. Recently, Chipotle hooked us up with some Buy One Get One Free cards (aka GOLD) in our Back to School Survival Kit, and we couldn’t help but to reflect on our obsession. If any of these ten things sound familiar to you, you’re probably just as obsessed as we are. 

1. You feel personally offended when you get hit with the “Guacamole is extra” line.

YES. WE KNOW GUAC IS EXTRA. Load it on!

2. You stare at the menu for a solid two minutes even though you get the exact same thing every single time.

The “if it ain’t broken, don’t fix it” mentality was created with ordering burritos in mind. Probably.

3. You can remember one single instance where you pulled up and there was no line.

It was beautiful. It felt like the heavens opened up and cleared out this particular Chipotle location just for you. You didn’t even have to stare longingly at the barbacoa tray from ten people back. Truly a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

4. But, on the other hand…you don’t even care if there is a line.

“The line’s moving slow, but we’re still here. A burrito to the face is getting near,” is what Selena Gomez definitely meant to say in The Heart Wants What it Wants. A girl and her Chipotle really is a modern fairytale.

5. You feel a sense of pride when the tortilla rips while your burrito is being rolled.

A true Chipotle champion beams with delight when her whopping combo of ten different toppings is just too much awesome-ness for a weak little tortilla wrap to hold. Extra points for any burrito that requires two or more Chipotle employees to be successfully rolled.

6.  You still feel bad about that one time you asked for a water cup and filled it with lemonade.

It’s kind of like peeing in the ocean. Nobody really wants to talk about it, but like…sometimes we just do stuff we aren’t proud of.

7.  You order a bowl because you want to “save some for later”…

…and then proceed to finish it all before your friend has even made a significant dent in her burrito.

8. You have worn a flowy dress to a party instead of pants (probably on more than one occasion) because you were expecting a full-on Chipotle food baby.

Have you ever accidentally wandered into the maternity section in Target because you saw a really cute baggy top? This probably applies to you. You owe the Olsen Twins your life for making oversized clothing fashionable. You will never be the kind of girl to base your eating habits off of your schedule.

9. You’re okay with consuming over 1,000 calories in a single burrito, because it’s made with non-GMO products.

Everyone knows you can’t get fat from healthy calories!!!

10.  Sometimes you go to Chipotle when you aren’t even hungry, because someone invited you and you can’t say no.  

Guess you’ll just have to try to avoid eating five meals all over again, tomorrow!

Hannah began her involvement with Her Campus as a contributing writer for the UMaine chapter after transferring from Seton Hall University in 2013. Currently, she is the HC UMaine Campus Correspondent and a Chapter Advisor. She is also a staff writer at the University of Maine's student newspaper, The Maine Campus. As a fourth year Journalism student with an English minor, Hannah enjoys writing everything from hard news stories to GIF-filled listicles. In addition to her involvement with Her Campus, Hannah coaches a junior varsity high school cheerleading team. In her spare time, you can find Hannah sharing hair tips on her personal blog, obsessing over Justin Bieber and re-watching episodes of Gossip Girl.