University Museum of Art

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

If you’re ever in need of a little beauty in your day then the University of Iowa’s Museum of Art is the place to go.  All throughout the week, students wind their way to the third floor of the Iowa Memorial Union to reach the museum; whether it is for a class or just to enjoy some incredible pieces of art. 

The art collection is displayed in the IMU for now because the flood of 2008 ruined the old facility.  Unfortunately, the temporary IMU location is not nearly large enough for all of the artwork that the University owns so only a small portion of the collection can be displayed at one time.  The upside of this limited space though, is that it turns the museum into a location that you can keep coming back to time and again because the pieces displayed are changed every semester.  Also, with work by artists such as Pablo Picasso, Grant Wood, and Jackson Pollock, this is definitely a place that you don’t want to miss visiting.  

I am a student at the University of Iowa majoring in Journalism with a double major in English. I have always loved to read and write. I am a member of Ed on Campus with Iowa and it is this group that has really sparked my interest in magazines. Once I graduate from Iowa I hope to be hired at a magazine corporation such as Meredith or Hearst.