This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Hello, everyone!  I’d like you to meet my twin sister, Caroline (She is on the right, and I am in the middle). Yes, we are really twins, and yes, we know that we do not look anything alike; so, yes, to answer your question, we are definitely not identical, we are fraternal!  While I have extremely wild, curly hair, hers is straight; I hate the sight of blood, but to her, it’s merely a way to keep a body fuctioning; she prefers to pick up an issue of Cosmo, while I enjoy reading a book. Even though our differences extend beyond our looks, we still have a sense of what others call “twin-telepathy” and are each other’s biggest fans. With that being said, I would like for you all to meet my amazingly unique twin, Caroline!

*Insert myself and Caroline eating at a restaurant. I say to Caroline, “Hey, I’m going to do a profile for Her Campus featuring you!” She then proceeds to say, “Uh, why don’t you do someone else?” I look increduloulsy at her. “Um, no, Caroline. I am interviewing you for this starting now, you have no choice in the matter!” …Commence questions!*

What is your goal in life?

My future goals in life include becomine a neonatal or P-ICU nurse. I would eventually like to live in North Carolina (Isn’t it fitting how my name is Caroline?! S’cute!) with my husband and golden retreiver. 

What made you want to become a nurse?

I wanted to help other people! I know that is a very generic and typical response, but it is completely true! When I was originally diagnosed with diabetes, there was one particular nurse that I liked a lot. She was nice and caring and gave me nine bowls of cereal — I kid you not! She said to me, “It’s like your body hasn’t been eating the last couple of months because your pancreas hasn’t been working! So you need to get your energy up!” It was this compasionate nurse that was my inspiration to become a part of this profession. I want to have an influence on other people’s lives and be a nurse that my patients will remember and look forward to seeing. Someday, I hope to bring these exact feelings, as well as an abundance of smiles, to young patients who are going through experiences similar to mine.

Caroline, I already know the answer to this, but what is your favorite animal?

A golden retriever puppy!

And why specifically do you want this type of puppy?

*long pause*…because I think that they are cute! A puppy would also help me get into running!

If you were to be any famous person in the world, who would you be?

I would most likely be Blake Lively only beccause she dresses well. Just kidding, there are more reasons! She is also very poised and elegant, which are both admirable traits to posess. I also feel like she is a very genuine person!

What is your go-to sandwich?

A Jimmy Johns BLT Unwich with extra onions. You should all probably try it as well.

Okay, with that being said, where is your favorite place to go in Iowa City?

I like going to Jimmy Johns a lot.

LOL, never would have guessed that one! ;)  Anyways, since we are on the topic of favorites, what has been your favorite class here at the University?

Pilates. I liked it because the teacher was super nice, and it was something new that I wanted to try!

Awesome! Now, one more question, what is your best memory from the University of Iowa?

The Pitt game of 2015. Enough said.

It was so fun to have the chance to interview my sister for this profile. She is truly a genuine person who will accomplish things that I know I will never be able to (Because let’s be real here, blood and needles are just not my thing. Nuh-uh. Gross.)! She definitely walks to the beat of her own drum and will ALWAYS, and I do mean always, laugh at your jokes. So, the best advice that I have for you is to befriend her pronto!!! (She is on all social media platforms in case you were wondering ;) ) You all can thank me later!

Claire is a student at the University of Iowa studying Business Management and Entrepreneurship with a minor in Spanish and a Certificate in Sustainability. She is a self-proclaimed hippie and loves cacti and cats. Claire is low key (and by low key she means high key) OBSESSED with Vampire Diaries and anything vintage - specifically if it's high-waisted. Her future goals include owning a sustainable company and backpacking across Ireland. Join Claire as she brings you on her journey through the cornfields of Iowa ;)
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.