stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

Top Skincare Products For Glowing Skin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

With winter and finals fast approaching it’s hard for your skin not to get effected by the cold and stress of it all. Not only does the winter bring cold, cold days, but the cold can make your skin suffer by causing it to become dry. I’ve unfortunately had to experience the consequences of what these chilly days and stress can do to your skin. Luckily, I have found great products to leave your skin glowing and acne free.

Lips:

Smith’s Rosebud Salve

These products leave your lips feeling amazing and smells great too! They also have them in balm versions if the tube doesn’t suit you. This can be bought at Ulta and Sephora in stores and online for $6-$7. 

Cleansers:

CeraVe

This cleanser is great and cheap, it cleans your skin great while helping hydrate it at the same time. Dermatologists also highly recommend using this! You can find this product at any drug store like Target, Walmart or even Ulta for $14.99.

GlamGlow ThirstyCleanse 

Leaves your skin feeling extra smooth and soft, that even baby’s butts would be jealous. Although this is on the pricier side, at $32, it really does give your skin the hydration and glow it needs to get through this winter. You can find this on the GlamGlow website or Sephora. 

Exfoliators:

Tea Tree Scrub

This is great for removing the pesky unnecessary dirt and oil that sticks to your pores. I’ve noticed this definitely helped reduce redness and visibility of breakouts. Be careful with this though, because tea tree is meant to reduce oils, which can leave your skin dry after using, so be sure to use it only 1-2 times a week, or whenever needed. This is priced at $15.99 at Ulta, or similar scrubs can be found for cheaper at stores like TJ Maxx and Marshalls. 

First Aid Beauty Exfoliating Pads

These are great for helping take out the excess makeup and dirt that your makeup wipes and cleanser couldn’t take off. You can find this at any Ulta or Sephora stores or on their websites for $30. 

Moisturizers:

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream

Just like the name says, this cream gives your skin the boost of hydration it needs and helps it look nice and glowing. They also have an extra hydrating version for those who need the extra hydration. It’s a little pricey for a drug store brand, pricing at $19.99, but a little goes a long way and it can last you a long time. You can find it at any drug store or Ulta stores and website. 

CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion

Similar to the cleanser, it is dermatologist approved and helps repair dry skin perfectly! You can find this at any drug store and Ulta for $13.99

Masks:

Garnier Sheet Masks

Although sheet masks are only good for one time, the packaging doesn’t lie when it says it’s a “super-hydrating revitalizing mask”, it also includes hyaluronic acids, which are great for improving breakouts. This can be found at any drug store like Target and beauty stores like Ulta for $3.99.

Dr. Jart: Hydrating Rubber Mask

Just like the sheet mask, this mask is only good for a single use, however, the combination of the coldness from the rubber helps give your skint he extra hydration it needs. It can be purchased at Sephora in stores and online for $12. 

Watermelon glowing sleeping mask

This mask is great for giving you a lasting glow that will make your skin look amazing the next morning, not to mention it has the sweet smell of watermelon. This can be found at Sephora in-store and online for $22 – $45.

Sprays:

While facial sprays might not be a necessity, they do wonders for helping keep your skin feeling fresh and hydrated. 

Mario Badescu Rosewater Spray

These sprays are great for helping freshen up your face and give it that extra spritz of hydration it needs throughout the day while smelling amazing. This can be found at Ulta in stores and online for $7-$12. 

Image Credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

UI student, studying Journalism Mass Communications, International Business and Spanish.
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.