Top 5 Tumblr Accounts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

There is one quality that I am sure 98.7% of college students regretfully have – successful procrastination. We spend numerous hours on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Vine, Wanelo, and Snapchat when we should be working on our days worth of readings assigned, or that project that we have put off all semester until the last week of class.

As this semester comes to a closing, and the summer’s sun is slowly peeking through the rainy sky, I figured I could give you yet another delaying tactic to push you even closer to the due date – Tumblr.

For those who are not familiar with Tumblr, it is basically a conglomeration of numerous blogs about anything and everything you could possibly think of. Users are able to upload text, photos, videos, links, audio, and more. It’s easily accessible on your smartphone, too. You just create an account, and follow the accounts that interest you the most. Then, those blog’s posts will show up on your home page, and you can easily scroll through them, much like your Twitter feed.

Finding the right blogs to follow can be a tricky task, so I have selected 5 pages, each in a different category to help you out.

1. The Final Sentence

The Final Sentence shares final sentences of different literary works, which may seem slightly strange and not very intriguing, but when you read the last sentence, it’s like a power start to allow your imagination to flow.

When do you ever start at the last sentence of a book? It is an unwritten rule to never ever read the last sentence, because it will ruin the rest to come. But, this blog puts a whole new perspective on the concept.

It’s a reminiscent moment of Looking For Alaska, the popular novel written by John Green. (Great read if you have not done so yet!) The main character, Miles Halter is fascinated with famous last words, and throughout the entire novel, you can’t help but become just as fascinated as Halter.

If you’re into stretching your creativity and thinking about life, then this blog is for you!

2. Kissy Lips & A Carrot

Two young college girls, who wanted to keep their creative minds, and practice a healthy lifestyle, created kissy Lips & A Carrot. The blog is photo heavy, so don’t expect detailed recipes to follow.

This is more of an inspirational blog  for great ideas to help you realize it is possible to eat healthy and be in college. (You don’t ALWAYS have to get that slice of Falbo’s every Friday night, or stop by the Marco’s Grilled Cheese stand!)

If you enjoy eating colorfully, and want a little motivation to create some edgy and fun meals, then I suggest you follow this blog.

3. Wonderful You

Once you have visited this page, I am sure your mouth will drop open, and your eyes will be as wide as doughnuts. The girl behind this blog is Rachel, a 24-year-old who identifies herself as a beach bum, yoga teacher, and island girl.

Her yoga poses, while balancing on a surfboard at times, makes my arms hurt just looking at them. Not only are her balancing skills and flexibility thrilling, but her love for life and finding the center of your soul are inspiring.

She writes paragraphs that really put life into perspective, and when you read it you think, “How did she know my exact situation!?”

If you love yoga, reading quotes, seeing stunning photos, and motivational material then this blog is for you!

4. Motivation into Habit

Motivation into Habit is part of a new conglomerate on Tumblr about fitness blogs – dubbed “fitlr”. The author behind this masterpiece has struggled with obesity and eating disorders, and decided to use that as motivation to inspire other girls to love the body they are in and find healthy ways to get to their goal weight.

A lot of what fitness deals with is motivation. I definitely lack this aspect of working out, and after 10 minute on the elliptical, I am already bored.

However, when I found Motivation into Habit, her words inspired me. She writes with a passion that creates a spark inside the reader, shouting, “You go girl!” Take a peak at one of her latest posts, “23 Ways to Push Through a Workout.”

If you cheat yourself on your workouts, and need an extra push I suggest this blog to you!

5. All Things Europe

This blog features photos from all around the European continent. If you love to travel and enjoy looking at amazing photos, this is the account for you! A majority of the photos are not taken by the owner of this page, but credit is given where needed.

I always find myself scrolling though hundreds of photos before realizing I just spent an hour mesmerizing about my dream of becoming a European traveler.

The photos are mainly architectural based or environmental, but none will disappoint you.

Hello! My name is Brianna Sudrla. I am a Junior at the University of Iowa studying Journalism and Mass Communication. I love to write about food, advice, night life, and events going on around the area. My number one passion is traveling, and because I am in school I am limited on what I can do. This is why my number one hobby is watching shows on the travel channel, following travel blogs on my tumblr account, and looking at photographs.
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.