Start Your New Year Right!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Happy New Year! It’s 2016, and it’s time to re-vamp yourself. Use these tips and tricks to ensure you start the New Year/New Semester right! 

2016 Agenda

To ensure a successful new year and semester, make sure you invest in a brand new agenda to keep yourself motivated and on time.

New Year’s Resolution

Although this might not work for some, creating one or two resolutions can keep you motivated throughout the year. Make sure that whatever you decide, your resolution is something realistic and attainable.

Journal

Similar to the agenda theory, every year it is essential to invest in a new journal.  Keeping a journal to reflect on events, keep track of your diet (if you’re into that), or even to record all the tweets you can’t post.

#NewYearNewMe

We all know the infamous quote that comes along with celebrating the New Year. Indulge in the New Year with a fresh new haircut or color. Join the Instagram hashtag!

Wax on, Wax off

There’s nothing wrong with pampering yourself. Get rid of all those dead skin cells before classes begin. Make sure to visit your local salon and get your nails done or even throw in a facial or an eyebrow wax.

TREAT YO’SELF

Didn’t get exactly what you wanted for Christmas? Treat yourself to that new bag or Teavana set. The New Year is technically a holiday…

Get that money, honey!

Having a little extra cash never hurt anybody! Every week set an amount of money and fill a mason jar to keep yourself motivated. Save up for that summer music festival or for those student loans! 

Allison Bradley is a 19 year old Chicago native and full time University of Iowa student with a penchant for DIYs, fashion, and coffee.
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.