This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Now that spring has sprung, it is definitely time to freshen up the wardrobe! Heavy, dark jackets and sweaters, make way for graphic tops, lighter cardigans and fun prints. Long leggings and boots, move aside for kapris, skirts, flats and sandals.

Wondering where you can find some unique pieces to update your closet? Head downtown to Ragstock. Nestled between DJ Rinner Goldsmiths and The Java House on Washington Street, this underground store (literally, you have to go down stairs to get to it) has everything from Hawaiian tops to metallic skirts to 90’s attire to purses shaped like dogs and cats. This spring, Ragstock is pulling out bright graphic tees, flannels, floral dresses and tons of flowy festival attire.

But let’s not forget that we are college students. While you can find some pretty great deals among their regularly priced clothes, Ragstock’s sale racks are full of good finds for an even better price.  

What’s unique about Ragstock is that they sell new as well as recycled clothing and accessories, that is, some items have already been worn and are being sold again. You’re sure to find vintage, one of a kind pieces that can’t be found anywhere else.

Happy spring, and happy shopping!

McKenzie Story is from Algonquin, Illinois and is studying Journalism and Marketing at the University of Iowa. She is a captain of the UIowa Dance Club and keeps busy by teaching strength training along with dance classes. McKenzie enjoys being surrounded by family and friends and is always up for new adventures. She is excited to be a part of Her Campus and is thankful that her university has such an amazing chapter.
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.