This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

In his newest album Wild World, Kip Moore reflects on his life full of love, regret, and lessons through his songwriting. The album release in May followed the top 30 single, “She’s Mine.”

Amelia Kramer-Golden Hour Country Road Trip
Amelia Kramer / Her Campus

Moore took this album’s tracks to new depths as he channeled his relationship with his parents. “Wild World” is his mother’s advice to “stay wild” and not give into the timeline society thinks you should be on. “Paying Hard” was a song about his regret after his father’s death. Moore co-wrote the song with Blair Daly and Westin Davis. Moore told PEOPLE that he was able to be vulnerable when writing the song because he was comfortable around Daly and Davis.

Girl Holding Vinyl Record
Breanna Coon / Her Campus

Moore’s love life has often made appearances throughout his past albums. From Moore’s 2015 album Wild Ones tells stories of young love through “Backseat”, “Girl of the Summer” and “That Was Us.” By 2017’s album Slowheart, Moore appreciates his journey as a Bachelor who is still not ready to settle down through his song “Fast Women.” In Wild World’s tracks, love makes its appearance again in the form of “Hey Old Lover” and “Janie Blu.” This time, he shares his regretful love stories in an upbeat tune.

Music Festival
Vishnu R Nair, Pexels.com

The other tracks outline Moore’s roaming spirit. “Southpaw” takes place in the Black Hills and talks of being a cowboy and feeling like an outsider. His heart-wrenching honesty throughout all of his music leaves listeners wondering where his music will take him next.

Since COVID-19, Moore has been off finding inspiration for his next album at his rock-climbing lodge, Bedrock at the Red, in eastern Kentucky, according to PEOPLE. He told PEOPLE that he is recharging, experiencing nature, and writing his next album.

Delaney is a journalism major with a certificate in sustainability at the University of Iowa. Her dream career is to become a Marine Biologist and advocate for the environment through research and writing. In her free time, she enjoys music, friends, and the occasional ice cream venture (Okay, maybe not so occasional).
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.