This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Romance is in the air this month, thanks to Valentine’s Day. While they’re selling candy and toys in shapes of hearts, it’s also to spend time with your loved ones. Whether you’re single, in a relationship, want to cry, or want to laugh. The genre to fix that craving you have is romantic comedies. Romantic comedies are light-hearted films centered on ideas like true love that comes from obstacles and usually ends happy (keyword: usually) while very humorous. Whether the characters find love or find themselves, the greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. Learn to love while you binge on these romantic comedies with your loved ones this weekend. (Note I said Romantic Comedies, not Romance – definitely binge on anything Nicholas Sparks though.)

Happy Valentine’s Day! HCXO

Roman Holiday (1953) 

Friends with Kids (2011)

Flipped (2010)

Made of Honor (2008)

How To Lose a Guy in Ten Days (2003)

27 Dresses (2008)

The Proposal (2009) 

Pretty Woman (1990)

Clueless (1995)

Trainwreck (2015)

10 Things I Hate About You (1999)

Bridget  Jones 1&2 (2001 & 2004)

The Wedding Singer (1998)

Leap Year (2010)

The Other Woman (2014)

Love and Other Drugs (2010)

13 Going On 30 (2004)

Amelie (2001)

The Wedding Date (2005)

My Best Friend’s Wedding (1997)

Never Been Kissed (1999)

Sweet Home Alabama (2002)

Something Borrowed (2011)

She’s All That (1999)

Moulin Rouge (2001)

Prince and Me (2004)

The Princess Diaries 2 (2004) 

She’s The Man (2006)

50 First Dates (2004) 

Amy is currently a senior at the University of Iowa majoring in Journalism and Mass Communication, minor in political science with certificates in Event Planning and Entrepreneurial Management and HC UIowa's Trouble Maker. Her dream job is to work in Public Relations or Event Planning and plans to also become a lawyer, like the 9 years old Amy planned. Whenever she's not writing articles, she's usually online shopping, binging on Netflix, or laughing at her own jokes. Midwestern Prep with the worst luck in the world, you can keep track of her worst case scenarios on Twitter.
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.