Playing on Pinterest: Date Pops

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Do you and your man feel like you’re in a major dating rut? Are you constantly watching movies at one another’s place? Here is a creative idea that you and your boyfriend can do together to create fun dates for each week of the year. All you need is a jar, 52 popsicle sticks, and a marker.

Here is the link to the original “Pin”: Date Pops

Step one: Sit down with your boyfriend and create a list that you both agree on that would make great dates.

Step two: Write each idea on a popsicle stick and place in the jar.

Step three: Remove one stick a week and complete that date idea, make sure you take pictures during the date and then you can put them in a scrap book.

Sample list of 52 dates:

1. Dance Lessons
  2. Wii game challenge
  3. Go for a picnic
  4. Take a road trip
  5. Take a cooking class
  6. Have a lazy day in bed
  7. Have a movie marathon
  8. Go ice skating
  9. Go camping
  10. Go rock climbing
  11. Give each other a massages
  12. Go to the zoo
  13. Go to the drive in
  14. Go star gazing
  15. Have a water balloon fight
  16. Go strawberry picking
  17. Go to a sports game
  18. Have an arts and crafts day
  19. Go to a casino
  20. Play board games and make pizza
  21. Play chess at java house
  22. Go to an amusement park
  23. Go for a bike ride and get ice cream
  24. Go to a concert
  25. Play laser tag
  26. Go bowling
  27. See a play
  28. Rent paddle boats on Coralville lake
  29. Build a fort
  30. Go paintballing
  31. Visit a pet shelter
  32. Tie dye shirts
  33. Pretend its Christmas
  34. Cross something off both of your bucket lists
  35. Go to a reading at Prairie Lights
  36. Make homemade ice cream and dance in the kitchen
  37. Make and fly kites
  38. Feed ducks
  39. Go thrifting
  40. Take boxing classes
  41. Play capture the flag
  42. Go mini golfing
  43. Check out a museum
  44. Play hide and seek in the library
  45. Watch the sun rise and sun set
  46. Show each other places that were important to you as a kid (memory lane)
  47. Go Skinny Dipping
  48. Go skydiving
  49. Have a scavenger hunt
  50. Sing Karaoke
  51. Volunteer
  52. Make playlists for the day and just drive around.

Now all you have to do is start checking off some awesome memories with your boyfriend. Out of the slump you will be, and the better your relationship will get! One date pop a week will do you and your honey a whole lot of good!

XoXo
Taylor

Emily is a junior at the University of Iowa and is studying Journalism and Pre-Law with a minor in Health Communication. She has been a part of the Her Campus University of Iowa team since it was founded in 2010 and is a member of Ed on Campus. She has grown to love magazine writing and editing and if she somehow can't land her dream job (to be Carrie Bradshaw), she wouldn't mind settling for a job in the magazine industry. If nothing else, she hopes to attend law school somewhere in the Bay Area out West, her favorite place to be. Since the age of 15, Emily spent her summers in California, doing internships and falling in love with San Francisco. Some of her other interests include her 4-month-old longhaired wiener dog Henry, blogging, celebrity gossip, sushi, Private Practice, fro-yo, being a journalism nerd, and anything involving good conversation with good people. Although she's not exactly sure of her plans for the future, she knows journalism will somehow be the driving force in her career.