Place Profile: Revival

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

One of the biggest embarrassments is walking down the street and suddenly discovering that the girl in front of you is wearing the same exact outfit. If you are looking for unique clothing that is still in style, Revival is your store.
Revival, located on 117 East College Street in the Ped Mall, is a store that offers various items that can spice up your wardrobe. From vibrant tops to classic dresses, Revival offers clothing that can update your closet to the newest trends or expand your vintage pieces.
Revival offers another great aspect by being an exchange/consignment store. The community can bring in their old clothing and Revival sells it at a price based on if the style is still in and the clothing condition.  Revival will offer compensation for the clothing that somebody brings in, basing it off if the client chooses to accept cash on the spot, in-store credit, or consignment.   
Not only do they offer vintage and contemporary used styles, but also new brands like Alternative and locally designed jewelry.
The store is great for shoppers who are searching for a certain color or item to add to an outfit by the store being organized by color and separated by tops, dresses, jeans, and etc. Revival is for anyone who is stuck in a rut and wants to change up their wardrobe. Also, the prices of the clothing make it easier on your wallet.
I recommend Revival to anyone who is a local fashionista, looking for some fun shopping, and to meet some friendly staff that are more than welcome to help complete your wardrobe. 

Nicole Lumbreras is a junior at University of Iowa, class of 2012, studying Journalism and Sociology. Born and raised in the suburbs of Chicago, Nicole loves to explore new restaurants, see live music and attend sporting events. Nicole loves to travel, dance, write in her blog and takes pleasure in the art of photography. Nicole loves to spend time with her friends and family, and when time allows she will get her fill of Bad Girls Club, Glee, So You Think You Can Dance, and Grey's Anatomy. Nicole recently got foot surgery and rediscovered running; her goal is to run a half marathon before she is 25. After college she plans to move into the city (Chicago) with a American bulldog, attend graduate school at night and hopefully write for Chicago Magazine or another fun and upcoming project.