Pizza and a Whole Lot More

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Do you ever just want to break away from your normal routine of eating in the dining halls? Or are you tired of always making the same, simple meal every single night? Well, I know just the place for you! The Airliner (Aka: Airliner, Liner, The Airliner Bar, etc.), located on Clinton St. in Downtown Iowa City. This restaurant serves a wide array of pizzas, pastas, burgers and appetizers. It is especially great for us college students because Airliner serves $1 slices every day! (Now, if that doesn’t convince you to go there to grab a piece of pizza with some friends, I don’t know what will!) As an added bonus, Airliner is also a great place to go to with your friends on a Thursday or Friday night. You’ll get to enjoy each other’s company as well as meet a wide array of new people. It is a very popular spot for undergraduates, graduates and local families alike! With their great food and inviting atmosphere, The Airliner is always a must for any type of social gathering. (Fun Fact:  Ashton Kutcher was discovered by a modeling agency while eating in this very restaurant. Let’s be real, who wouldn’t want to go to a place where Ashton Kutcher used to go?! Crazy people, that’s who!) So grab some friends this Friday night and head on over to Liner. Order a pizza and make some friends! You’ll love it, I promise!

1

Claire is a student at the University of Iowa studying Business Management and Entrepreneurship with a minor in Spanish and a Certificate in Sustainability. She is a self-proclaimed hippie and loves cacti and cats. Claire is low key (and by low key she means high key) OBSESSED with Vampire Diaries and anything vintage - specifically if it's high-waisted. Her future goals include owning a sustainable company and backpacking across Ireland. Join Claire as she brings you on her journey through the cornfields of Iowa ;)
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.