This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Dear Best Friend,

There are not enough words in the dictionary to describe how much I adore you or how grateful I am to have you. People have come and gone in my life, but you have stayed by my side for all of these years. You have gotten to know me down to my core. You know me so well that you often know what I want before I even do. You know what will get me to smile and you know how to stop my tears. Even when I put on an act, you immediately know if something is wrong. When I am feeling down you do everything in your power to lift me back up.

I find it so hard to open myself up to other people, yet with you, it comes so naturally. You don’t judge me. You don’t try to fix me. You listen to what I have to say, and you do everything you can to support me. You are always looking out for what is best for me. You are a beautiful person, inside and out.

You are always there to warn me about falling for the wrong guys who happen to say the right things. You warn me to look before I leap. And when I ignore you and get hurt anyway, you stay by my side and tell me how I deserve much better than some stupid guy that failed to treat me right

You believe in me even when I don’t believe in myself. You love me even when I am not easy to love. You listen to me even when I can’t get the words I want to out. You are the one I turn to when I need someone.

You are not perfect. No one ever is. But our imperfections fit just right together, like pieces of a puzzle. We both have busy lives, and there are times we go without talking or hanging out. But whenever we do find the time to hangout and catch up, things pick up right where they left off.

We are more than friends. We are like family. Having you in my life is truly a blessing. No matter where life takes us, we will go through it together. I know that no matter what, you are always just a phone call away.

Love you always,

Your Best Friend

Hey! I’m Marrissa and I’m a junior at the University of Iowa majoring in Journalism and Business. Writing and playing sports are two things I love to do. You can follow my instagram @marrissacraff. ✭