This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Have you ever got stuck ordering the same thing at Starbucks because you’re not sure what else to try? Does the Starbucks menu overwhelm you? You are not alone! I, too, had these problems every time I stepped foot into a Starbucks. That’s why I decided to make myself try some new coffee drinks so we can all stop ordering the same thing.

Blonde Vanilla Latte

This is a classic. It is smooth with a subtle sweetness from the vanilla syrup. If you don’t like your coffee too strong, the blonde espresso might just be your new best friend! 

Flat White

The Flat White is my go-to when I’m not in the mood for anything sweet. It’s the perfect combination of espresso and steamed milk that’s not too strong and not too creamy.

Carmel Macchiato & Coconut Milk Mocha Macchiato

When I’m in the mood for a sweeter coffee, the Carmel Macchiato and the Coconut Milk Mocha Macchiato are my best bets. The combination of milk, espresso, and vanilla syrup or white chocolate mocha satisfies both my sweet tooth and my coffee needs in one!

Mochas

From Toasted White to Hazelnut, I love all the mochas. The rich mocha taste satisfies all my chocolate needs. Grab a mocha and add whatever flavor your heart desires.

Cloud Macchiato

This new addition to the Starbucks menu is my current all-time favorite. The light and airy layers of foam, espresso, milk, and cinnamon or caramel syrup taste combine into a frothy and sweet coffee drink that makes you want more.

Next time you find yourself in a Starbucks, try something new! You won’t regret it!

[Photos from author]

Zoey is a third-year student studying English and Creative Writing and Journalism and Mass Communications at the University of Iowa. When she is not running social media for patchwork lit mag or editing Her Campus Iowa articles, you can often find her curled up with a glass of wine watching cheesy reality television.
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.