Mr. Campus Freshman Contestant: Robert Swestka

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Name: Robert Swestka

Hometown:
La Porte City, Iowa

Major/Minor:  Political Science major at the University of Iowa, but I’m going to law school after

Status: Single… ladies

Astrological Sign: I am a Gemini

Words to live by: “Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.”

Campus Activities: Member of Beta Theta Pi, trying to get involved with University of Iowa student government

Fun Fact: I’m Ron Burgundy

Favorite Music: I like listening to some Matchbox 20.

Favorite TV Show(s): I’m gonna have to go with my favorite TV show as South Park, but only because Cartman is hilarious.

Favorite Hawkeye Sport to watch: Obviously football, I mean what other sport would you wanna watch at Iowa than football at Kinnick Stadium

Favorite Hang-out Spot at Iowa: I’m hanging out at Beta a lot, you know, trying to get involved.

It annoys me when girls at Iowa…: I would say the most annoying thing that girls at Iowa do is say “totes,”
and they do it all the time… come on ladies, you gotta stop.

If I could hang out with a celebrity for a day it would be: I would say Ryan Reynolds, but he would have to be acting as Van Wilder because we would go out and party.

If I could travel anywhere in the world it would be: I would definitely love to go to England or Germany because they’ve got so much history there.

If I had to pick an actor to play me in a movie it would be: The big Russian guy from Rocky.

Typical first date/ideal first date in Iowa City: First date in Iowa City, we’re going to go to Joseph’s, nice steak dinner, we’ve got to be looking classy too, and then I’ll pay for it.

How we pay for the first date: I definitely whip out my fancy Veridian Credit Union card. That’s La Porte City, Iowa right there.

College regrets thus far: I had a little incident at Spo-Co… not too inclined to talk about it right here, but… we’ll just leave it at that.

In ten years I see myself: I definitely see myself going into practicing law after graduating, maybe going to University of Iowa for Law School, and then I’d end up, probably, in Chicago. It’s a cool place to be.

The group I fit into in high school was…: I had a great group of friends that were really involved in choir and showchoir and stuff, but we also all did sports. Small town Iowa, everyone’s involved in everything.

Anything else? You gotta’ vote for me ladies I mean come on… I’m Robert Goulet.

Peter Frankman is an underclassman at the University of Iowa from Burbank, California. He has a few addictions in his life: writing, reading, heavy metal, Adult Swim, and any movie with zombies. He joined The University of Iowa's Her Campus team as the writer of the "From a Guy's Perspective" articles in January 2011 and hasn't looked back since (except to make sure he doesn't write the same article twice). Peter's a major in both Journalism and Creative Writing and hopes to become a writer in some way, shape or form after he graduates. That or the President of the United States, he hasn't really focused too much to say anything decisive yet... or maybe he has, we're not quite sure. If he had to choose a night of guilty pleasures it would include the Beastie Boys, Monster Import: Light, Zebra Cakes, and a marathon of subpar movies that he thinks are amazing (Blade, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fast and the Furious, etc).