Meet Suzanne Osterheld, English Major & Future Teacher

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

I first met Suzanne on move-in day because she lived on the same floor as me. She is honestly the nicest person I have met in my life, and I pomise I’m not even exaggerating. I have seen her stay up until 5:00 a.m. to help a friend write a paper, and she always goes out of her way to be nice to everyone. She is also super funny, and she’s just an all around amazing person. She is also very involved on campus  and extremely smart (I am very jealous of her GPA tbh). I got the chance to interview her for this article and even got to know a little more about her in the process. 

Major: English and secondary education 

Hometown: Algonquin, Illinois 

Campus involvements: Alpha Xi Delta sorrority, CAB (Campus Activities Board), and Hawkeyes Fighting Alzheimer’s

Current Starbucks order: Peppermint mocha (all year round because it’s just the best)

Why did you choose the University of Iowa?

Iowa was the perfect size for me, and I loved the feel of the campus mixed with the downtown area.

What do you love about The University of Iowa? 

I love how Iowa is so diverse and how no matter where you go people are always so nice and friendly.

Do you have any cool summer plans?

Foot surgery, working and an online class.. so not very fun lol.

Why did you choose your major?

I’ve always wanted to be a teacher so that I can help students and show them their full potential.

What is your dream job?

Photographer for National Geographic 

Who is your role model and why? 

My grandma because she came to the U.S. at only nineteen and she quickly learned English and then went to college/grad school and became a professor at a time when most women weren’t even going to college.

What do you love about being in a sorority? 

I love being in my sorority because it’s something that I share with my two older sisters who are in the same sorority as me. Also, it’s given me a chance to take on leadership opportunities and work with other women.

Favorite show to binge watch and why?

I can binge watch The Office for days.

First year Psychology student at The University of Iowa. Made of big dreams and a lot of coffee.
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.