This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

You’ll most likely find Julia Rohn, 19, curled up with a good book and a cup of tea on any given day. Rohn is a sophomore pursuing a History degree with a Museum Studies Certificate and is actively involved in the Hawkeye History Corps club here at the University of Iowa. 

What made you want to major in History?

I chose my major after a lot of struggle. I was originally a Business major, and I was wondering why none of the classes were clicking for me. But then I realized how passionate I was about all of my history courses. I then understood that I wasn’t going to be happy unless I followed my passion in life. So now that I followed my heart school is so much more enjoyable. 

Finals are right around the corner; how are you preparing? 

Finals might kick me in the face, but I’ll go down swinging.

What advice would you give to freshman who are experiencing college finals for the first time? 

Find your happy place, a place where you can focus. Then dedicate two hours a day to each subject for the two weeks before finals. Don’t go out.

Finals and coffee go hand in hand. What’s your Starbucks order? 

Decaf Latte, no sugar no flavor.

Where is your favorite place in Iowa City? 

Prairie Lights Cafe is my favorite place by far. If it’s for the coffee or the book readings, I’m in love with the feel of the place.

What is your favorite show to binge watch? 

“X-Files”…if you’re looking for some government conspiracies and a legendary otp, consider this masterpiece.

What would we find if we snooped through your Spotify playlist right now? 

The Civil Wars, Nick Cave, and people, Adele has a new album, drop everything.

Lastly and most importantly, what is your spirit animal? 

Fox. 

Madeline is a sophomore at the University of Iowa majoring in Journalism and Mass Communication and pursuing a certificate in Critical Cultural Competence. When she's not spending countless hours studying you can find her at the local thrift store, texting her friends about her bad luck or at home dancing in the mirror to old Panic! at The Disco songs.
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.