Meet Brianna Mueller, Fitness Lover & Future Doctor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

I met Brianna at college orientation, the summer before our freshman year. We connected due to our similar interests in health sciences and both being from the Des Moines area. Little did we know, we would end up living on the same floor in our dorm building and share a lot of the same classes and activities. It has been such a blast getting closer to her since the start of college. Learn a little bit about this awesome girl and her plans for the future!

Hometown: Adel, Iowa

Year in School: Freshman

Major: Human Physiology, pre-Medicine

Activities at University of Iowa: SALT company, Medicus pre-Medical club, University of Iowa Hospital volunteer

How did you choose your major?

I love science, and human physiology is a major that lines up well with the pre-Med track. I also find learning about the human body very interesting. 

What are your career goals?

I see myself as either a doctor or personal trainer. 

What is your favorite thing about University of Iowa? 

I love that there are so many options of things to get involved in. There are so many choices for majors compared to a smaller school that may offer less choices. 

What are your hobbies?

Working out, drinking coffee, learning new things and being with friends.

Favorite Snack: Oatmeal with peanut butter

Starbucks coffee order: Sugar free cinnamon dolce latte

Favorite Place in Iowa City: Field House or Starbucks

Favorite Place in the Entire World: Anywhere warm and with my family. 

Favorite University of Iowa Class: Foundations of Biology

What advice would you give to incoming students?

Don’t overcommit yourself to too many activities. Prioritize what’s important to you, and spend your time accordingly. 

Thanks so much, Brianna!

U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.