March Movie Madness

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Awards season always gets us excited about movies, and the month of March is going to be big in the theaters. If you’re in need of a relaxing night out or have nothing planned for spring break, we’ve got you covered with the best movie releases for this month.

Cinderella (March 13)

If you’re in the mood for ROMANCE

This classic princess is getting a brand new, live-action movie. Starring Downton Abbey’s Lily James as Cinderella and James Madden of Game of Thrones as the dashing Prince Charming, this movie has already gotten a lot of buzz. The teaser trailer, which was released in May 2014, has over nine million views and simply shows that iconic glass slipper. Run, don’t walk, to see this movie, but don’t leave your glass slipper behind!

Insurgent (March 20)

If you’re in the mood for ADVENTURE

The second installment of the Divergent series is one of the most anticipated movies of the year. Not only is Theo James’s Four a total hottie, but Shailene Woodley’s Tris is a kick-ass role model for girls everywhere. In this story, Tris continues to fight against the powerful government that threatens to silence her and every other Divergent in their dystopian society. It’s sure to keep you on the edge of your seat!

Serena (March 27)

If you’re in the mood for DRAMA

Based on a best-selling novel, this movie puts Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper back on the big screen together – score! Set in North Carolina at the time of the Great Depression, Bradley’s character is the head of a timber empire, which is put into turmoil when he marries J. Law’s Serena. This flick took over 18 months to make, but we’re sure it will be worth the wait!

Sarah Nelson is senior at the University of Iowa pursuing a Journalism major, English minor, and Fundraising and Philanthropy Communication Certificate. When she's not binge-watching One Tree Hill or Jane the Virgin on Netflix (again), she's is probably rereading the Harry Potter series or writing for her blog, SarahNdipity. With an addiction to books and coffee, Sarah hopes to take the world by storm as a book editor. Or social media marketer. Or blogger. (She hasn't quite made up her mind yet, but that's okay because who says you have to be just one thing?)
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.