Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Learned From the Tristan Thompson & Jordyn Woods Cheating Scandal

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

It seems like it was just yesterday that we were all feeling bad for Khloe Kardashian after finding out Tristan Thompson had cheated on her, while she was pregnant. Although it doesn’t seem like it would be major news that Tristan cheated again, it was an absolute shocker that he cheated on Khloe with Kylie Jenner’s best friend Jordyn Woods. While this doesn’t relate to probably any of us, there is a lot to learn from this unfortunate incident. Here are some lessons I gathered up from this cheating scandal.

Once a cheater, always a cheater.

Yes, I know there are some instances when this isn’t the case, but one thing we can learn from Hollywood cheaters is that they tend to be pretty consistent with their cheating crusades. With this instance specifically, Tristan has a had quite the history with cheating on his significant others. Tristan and Khloe’s relationship began while he was still with another girl who happened to be pregnant as well. Then just as he did with his ex, he did the same thing with Khloe cheating on her with two other girls while she was also pregnant. Even though they are celebrities who constantly have people falling at their feet, this could literally happen to anyone. If your partner ever cheats on you, you should always consider the fact that this could happen again. Trust your instincts before you trust them. 

Be careful with who you trust.

Although you may want to believe your loved ones have the best intentions, some might just be waiting to strike for your downfall at any moment. Jordyn was Kylie’s best friend and the family even considered her a sister as well, which just goes to show that you really cannot trust anyone. While I’m not saying to lose trust in everyone you know, I am saying that these days you can never be surprised if someone close to you stabs you in the back. 

Don’t blame the woman for your partner’s infidelities.

One of the biggest things to learn is women should not be blaming other women. Although this is very much a he said/she said situation, Jordyn should have never been the one to blame. While it takes two to tango, Tristan knew what he was doing, especially because most guys who cheat are just as guilty of doing the same. Jordyn didn’t force him to cheat, and if her allegations of him coming on to her first are true, she’s only a victim to his predatory ways. Although we always want to believe that our significant other is going to be faithful, we cannot turn a blind eye when it comes to infidelity and not put the blame on them. As women, we should be able to notice when men do wrong and put the responsibility on them instead of taking it out on the other woman. 

Never settle.

Yes there’s a baby involved in this situation, but if this is not your case LEAVE HIM! Women should strive to be with someone who loves them and only them, and not have to be concerned about whether they’ll cheat again. Don’t settle for someone who puts you second when you should always be at the number one spot. 

Image Credit: 12

UI student, studying Journalism Mass Communications, International Business and Spanish.