This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

When rolling out of bed, and not wanting to wear your hair in a pony for the second or third day in a row, there are a few simple tips and tricks to switching up your look with just as little effort. There are two essential products every lazy girl needs to have on hand at all times.

1. Dry shampoo brings your hair back to life. If you were too lazy to shower or just don’t have enough time, this is your go to product. Dry shampoo is also great for any girl who has thin or short hair that gets shiny or oily quickly.

2. Hair spray will help to tame your fly-aways while keeping your hair in place.

When it comes to styling your hair quickly with little effort just remember the three B’s: braids, buns and bands.

Braids

Whether you are doing a simple braid, fishtail or french braid, nothing looks like you tried harder than you actually did than braids. Luckily there are a ton of cute ways to add quick braids that work for all hair styles.

Buns

Liven up your simple pony by transforming it into a cute bun. You could stick with your go-to messy bun or switch it up a bit with a simple sock bun. Try adding a braid with your bun to complete the perfect everyday look. You are sure to look bun-believable.

Bands

With your hair up or down you can never go wrong with a cute headband. Just ask Blair Waldorf, no look is complete without one. Luckily a headband can liven up your look with minimal effort.

With these simple tips and tricks, you can get that extra 15 minutes of sleep and still look like you took time on your hair. Whether you are looking for a new style or are a busy college student, with the three B’s you can turn a potentially bad hair day into an in-style up-do.

My name is Sarah Pippin, and I am from Marshalltown Iowa. I am studying Communications with a Writing Certificate in Writing for Media, and a minor in Cinematic Arts at the University of Iowa. I am involved in service projects around campus and Iowa City as a member of Alpha Phi Omega Omicron. I also host Pippin Talk a talk show on Saturday's from 11am-12 on KRUI Iowa City 89.7 FM. I LOVE all things makeup and fashion. You can check out my blog at http://sispip85.wix.com/allmadeup I am an avid Grey's Anatomy, F.R.I.E.N.D.S, Gossip Girl, and Gilmore Girls fan.
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.