Kris Jenner is the Ultimate Momager and Here’s Why

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

When Keeping Up with the Kardashians aired for the first time 12 years ago, I bet Kris Jenner knew right away that she had just started something great. As the show took off and the Kardashian-Jenner family became household names across the world, Kris Jenner and her smart business decisions made her the ultimate mom and manager.

Here are the top ways Kris Jenner is THE momager:

1. Kim Kardashian’s sex tape

When Kim’s sex tape went public, it could have ruined her and her family’s career before it had even started. Luckily for Kim though, Kris Jenner is a great mother, but definitely a better manager in terms of this specific situation. Kris could have had Kim wait for it to blow over, but Kris had no qualms about running straight into the heat and embracing the attention, no matter how negative. Kim’s leaked sex tape was only the beginning of international stardom for the entire family, and Kris Jenner was the only one to recognize that possibility in the beginning.

2.“Rise and Shine”

Kylie Jenner went viral recently for posting a YouTube video in which she woke up her daughter, Stormi, by singing the phrase “rise and shine.” Instantly, this clip became a meme and the entire Internet was laughing at Kylie. Kris Jenner, never to miss out on an opportunity, put merch up for sale with said phrase, selling them for $65 a piece. Regardless of how quickly the meme died and became irrelevant, the product sold out. Kris is not one to miss an opportunity when it comes to making money for her daughters.

3. 10%

Kris Jenner makes sure that she gets paid for all the work she puts into promoting her children’s businesses. Kris has previously stated that she takes 10% of what her children make and that is her compensation for her management responsibilities. Ten percent may not sound like a lot, but with six kids, Kris is racking in the bills.

4. Talent who?

As much as the world obsesses over the Kardashian-Jenner family, they don’t really have any traditional talents when it comes down to it. Kris Jenner, being the woman she is, was able to accomplish turning her children into celebrities. They were able to use the platform that Kris built for them to become the stars they are today. Kylie would never have her makeup line without Kris and Kendell would not be a model without her mother launching the family into stardom.

5. She puts the mom in momager

At the end of the day, regardless of business proclivity, Kris Jenner is a mother (and grandmother now) that loves her family and supports them no matter what. Kris could just be a manager to her kids, but she’s a momager, and that’s why she’s so successful in her endeavors.

Kris Jenner is one of the smartest woman in the world and she is able to forsee the next trend and push her daughters to jump on it. I personally believe without Kris Jenner, the Kardashian-Jenner name would soley belong to the lawyer Robert Kardashian and the Olympic athlete Bruce Jenner. 

Gifs: 1, 2, 3

Molly is double majoring Journalism and Mass Communications and Political Science. She loves FaceTiming with her cat, drinking multiple cups of coffee a day, and saving the environment!
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.