Josh Frahm: Campus Celebrity

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

When seniors graduate with their Bachelors degrees, a very common thing for graduates to ask is, “What now?” Many graduates describe their situation as feeling overwhelmed with what to do next and how to even begin searching for a job. A sad truth is that university students aren’t properly prepared for the career world to the degree that they should.

That is why instructor Josh Frahm took on the challenge of solving this problem by starting his own class called UI STEP (Students To Employed Professionals) at The University of Iowa. In his course, students are given the resources and strategies they need to stand a chance in the world after they graduate. Topics covered in the course include everything from how to prepare for interviews, to time management strategies for optimum job application efficiency.

But the class covers much more than what you’d expect to learn from the Career Center. Josh relates to the students by sharing personal stories so that we can learn from the mistakes he made when he was fresh out of college.  And I would know—I was actually one of his students this year for the inaugural class of UI STEP this summer. This course made me much more confident in my abilities as a student and for how to kick start my professional career next Spring. Josh’s UI STEP course changes the way students enter the career world, and is a class that every university student needs to take. That is why I urge my Hawkeye readers to look for this class if you have room on your schedule. Study hard this Fall, collegiettes! 

Renée is a junior at The University of Iowa, majoring in English with a concentration in Creative Writing.
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.