Jordan Weber ’13

Name: Jordan Weber
Year: Junior
Hometown: St. Louis, MO
Astrological Sign: Libra
Major/Minor: Therapeutic Recreation with a Health Promotion minor
Campus Activities: Club Lacrosse, Alpha Phi
Status: Single 
Motto: “There is always a reason to smile” 
Favorite Music: Country
Favorite TV show(s): Private Practice, Pretty Little Liars, Greys Anatomy
Favorite hang-out spot at Iowa: Brothers
3 words that best describe me: great personality, funny, sweetheart
Best relationship advice I have ever received: Was from Emily Oyster
The first thing I notice about a guy: Smile/Personality
I’m terrified of: Heights, snakes, birds
My celebrity crush: Ryan Reynolds
If I could travel anywhere in the world it would be: Australia!

Emily is a junior at the University of Iowa and is studying Journalism and Pre-Law with a minor in Health Communication. She has been a part of the Her Campus University of Iowa team since it was founded in 2010 and is a member of Ed on Campus. She has grown to love magazine writing and editing and if she somehow can't land her dream job (to be Carrie Bradshaw), she wouldn't mind settling for a job in the magazine industry. If nothing else, she hopes to attend law school somewhere in the Bay Area out West, her favorite place to be. Since the age of 15, Emily spent her summers in California, doing internships and falling in love with San Francisco. Some of her other interests include her 4-month-old longhaired wiener dog Henry, blogging, celebrity gossip, sushi, Private Practice, fro-yo, being a journalism nerd, and anything involving good conversation with good people. Although she's not exactly sure of her plans for the future, she knows journalism will somehow be the driving force in her career.