The Jonas Brothers Revival: Other Childhood Stars That Need to Make a Comeback

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

I think we can all agree when I say we’re living for this Jonas Brothers revival. Although I have so many memories of me singing their albums with my friends in their basements, I have a list of other stars from my childhood that I’d love to see make a comeback. 

Aly & AJ

Aly & AJ never completely stepped out of the spotlight as they appeared regularly in a couple of TV shows, but they did take a brief break from music. Although the duo returned to music in 2017, it was very lowkey. As much as I loved Aly & AJ on Disney Channel, I knew they deserved something bigger and better. On Twitter, they posted a picture of themselves recording with the caption “Finishing touches…” Seeing that tweet made me really excited to see what’s coming from the sisters in 2019. 

Hannah Montana

I cannot think of a show that I loved more than Hanna Montana. I don’t think I could have been any more emotionally invested in any show as much as I was watching the Stewart family and their friends. It seemed like every episode either had me in tears, laughing hysterically, or screaming at the TV due to the boy problems Miley faced. I know Miley has said that her Hannah Montana days are over, and I respect that. But if Miley ever decides to do a reunion of her blonde alter ego, I will be the first to stand in line for those tickets. 

The Naked Brothers Band

While Nat and Alex Wolff’s career on Nickelodeon was short-lived, I remember being completely obsessed with the duo. Their work with Nickelodeon didn’t last long, but the brothers are still creating music under their names. However, I fully support them coming back under the NBB name. 

Cheetah Girls

I cannot explain how much I fangirled over the Cheetah Girls. I may not sing or dance well, but I can assure you that I knew the lyrics and choreography for all their songs and movies. I thank the Cheetah Girls for showing me what a girl boss looked like at such a young age. While each lady is busy within their own careers nowadays, my life would be complete if they had a reunion.

With the Jonas Brothers back at it again, I’m excited to see what other celebs will become inspired to make a comeback. Wanting a revival of all of my childhood faves might be a little too much to ask for, but a girl can dream, right?

Image Credit: Pic 1, Pic 2, Gif 1, Gif 2

Teresa is from Clarksville, Iowa and is a sophomore at the University of Iowa studying business administration. In addition to Her Campus, she is a member of the sorority Alpha Chi Omega. Teresa spends her free time drinking coffee or binge-watching Hulu.
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.