Spoon Csu-Mixing Bowl Whisk

I Found the Three Best Pie Recipes for Thanksgiving, So You Don't Have To!

holiday dinner buffet at home Photo by Craig Adderley from Pexels

I love cooking and I especially love baking. I am always on the hunt for new recipes, whether they be found in cookbooks or Pinterest. I just love the idea of making something new. These recipes that I have found are some of my favorites and I have been using them for years! They are guaranteed to make anyone's taste buds go crazy! The three recipes I have found are for Apple Dutch Pie, Cookie Pie, and Blueberry Crumble Pie. I get store-bought crust instead of making my own to save time which allows me to make more pies! Here are the recipes and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

Chef pouring salt into a bowl Photo by Bank Phrom from Unsplash Apple Dutch Pie

Ingredients

Filling

8 cups of chopped up green apples (the smaller the better!)

1/2 cup granulated sugar

1/4 cup of all-purpose flour

1/4  teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 tablespoon lemon juice

Topping

1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened

1 cup of all-purpose flour

2/3 cup of brown sugar

Steps

Preheat the oven to 400F. Then in a large bowl toss the filling ingredients and pour them into the pie crust. In a medium bowl mix topping ingredients using your fingers until a crumb starts to form. Bake 45-55 minutes or until pie crust and crumb topping are a deep golden brown.

Cookie Pie

Ingredients

Filling

2 eggs

1/2 cup of all-purpose flour

1/2 cup of sugar

1/2 cup of brown sugar

3/4 cup of butter, softened

1 cup of chocolate chips (or as many as you would like!)          

Steps

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Iin a mixing bowl, beat the eggs on high until light and foamy. Add flour and both sugars to the bowl and mix. Add the softened butter and mix. Stir in the chocolate chips and spoon the batter into the prepared pie crust. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes and let cool for 30 minutes.

Blueberry Crumble Pie

Ingredients

Filling

2/3 cup of sugar

2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch

1 teaspoon lemon zest (about one lemon)

2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

5 cups fresh blueberries

1/2 of a small apple (peeled and cored, then grated)

Crumble           

2/3 cup all-purpose flour

1/3 cup brown sugar

1/3 cup of butter

Steps

Preheat the oven to 375. For the filling, mix sugar, cornstarch, and lemon zest together. Place the blueberries in a large mixing bowl. Add the grated apple lemon juice and the sugar cornstarch mixture. Toss the blueberries and mix until the berries start to release their juices. After spooning the mixture into the pie crust, combine the ingredients for the topping the same way you do the Apple Dutch Pie topping. After the pie is assembled, cook for 1 hour. If the pie browns too quickly after 30 minutes, place foil over the pie.

apple pie Photo by Priscilla Du Preez from Unsplash

Enjoy your pie adventure!!

I'm 100% saving these. Loved this. There was one error I couldn't fix, so find that in bold! I like the structure you used for the recipies using indents. I think "steps" looks a bit weird, but I understand that it lines up with "ingredients." Do whatever you think will look best! I trust your judgement. And don't forget to add a teaser! -Zoey