Feature Hero Zodiac Spending Hero
Feature Hero Zodiac Spending Hero
Megan Charles / Her Campus Media

How Your Birth Chart Can Lead to the Best Spotify Playlists

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Original Illustration on Canva for Her Campus Media

I romanticize everything from the simple act of getting ready in the morning to any big event that was being planned. So of course, I need a soundtrack to the movie that is my life and what better way to find a playlist that speaks to me than one that was designed by my birth? I knew a lot about my zodiac sign but never my Birth Chart, which for me was not something I would normally not know, as a Capricorn I like having all the information that’s possible! So next thing I knew I was filling out information for my Birth Chart, and then finding playlists online that fit my Birth Chart!

Birth Charts: the placement of the sun, moon, planets, and stars of when you were born. If you’re a big fan of astrology and know not only your zodiac sign but also your sun, moon, and rising signs then you know what a Birth Chart is. If you don’t, then let me explain. Your birth chart shows what was aligned the moment you were born at the time and location that you were born at. It gives your insight into what makes you up as a person through your zodiac sign. This is the website that I used to get my Birth Chart and it was free: https://www.californiapsychics.com/astrology-birthchart-report

records on record player
Photo by Mink Mingle from Unsplash

Now that you have your Birth Chart, you can find your life soundtrack! It is very easy. All one must do is look up their rising, moon, or sun sign and add “playlist” to the end. For example, my sun sign is Capricorn, so I simply type Capricorn Sun Playlist! And then come in all different types of playlists from main character playlists to Taylor Swift and One Direction songs that reflect a Capricorn Sun. I know that depending on my mood I change my playlist that best fits me, so having all of these options helps a ton at finding what best fits my mood. Another thing is these playlists also expose me to new music that I might not have found without them! Music is so important to me and these playlists help me express that! Hope you find your next movie soundtrack! 

Original Illustration by Her Campus Media

Cora Murphy

U Iowa '22

Cora is currently a junior at the University of Iowa and is double majoring in Political Science and History. She hopes to showcase topics that she finds essential whether that be traveling or what's happening in the government. She is currently on track to graduate in 2022 and plans to either go to law school or grad school. She finds the french revolution fascinating, and she loves her cat ( her name is Gabby), she is a huge nerd when it comes to marvel, star wars, and avatar the last airbender, and she is currently becoming a plant mom who loves to cook. She has volunteered with many organizations such as Wounded Warriors and the DAR to name a few, and currently just got done with an internship with a U.S congress member. Cora has studied abroad at Oxford University and found a love for Shakespeare there. Cora is currently a member of the Alpha Delta Pi sorority, on Iowa's mock trial team, and is in the UNICEF chapter for the University of Iowa. Cora still has so much more planned and can't wait to share it with you all on this platform.
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.