How to Improve Your PJ Game this Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

In the midst of this cold and windy winter, the first thing on your mind when waking up is probably heading back to your warm bed back at home. With all that you’re busy with early on in this semester, you might not have thought about treating yourself to a new pair of PJ’s. Good thing that this time of year there are plenty of adorable styles to choose from. With the right pair of PJ’s, you can take on the world! 

1. The classic PJ set

Who wouldn’t enjoy lounging in these darling heart patterns all day? Not only are they fabulous, but they’re an extremely convienient sleepover necessity. A set of matching soft cotton jammies isa staple that’s so worth the splurge, you won’t want to take them off. One like this from Forever21.com won’t break the bank, either!

2. Adorable PJ robe

What could be sweeter than waking up in this pretty floral mini dress? Not only is it beautiful, it has all the best qualities and comfort of a robe in a charming dress. (modcloth.com)

3. The casual pants 

If you’re anything like me, you’ll love reaching for these super soft “not-technically-sweatpants” that go great with any of your favorite tees. The best part? They’re adorable, so one will care that you wore them to bed the night before.  (jcrew.com)

4. The night dress

A chambray so comfy can sleep in it? Just take my money. Going to bed while dressed for class the next day is definitely ideal. Just slide on some ballet flats, and you’re good to go. (oldnavy.gap.com)

5. The fun costume jumpsuit

Here’s one way to become every bunny’s favorite! Whether you’re at a PJ party or not, this fuzzy full body jumpsuit is like a warm blanket with a hoodie. It’s a must! (Forever21.com)

6. Patterned Romper

The latest PJ trend you didnt know that you needed until now. Umm, since when did sleepwear become so trendy? It also doubles as the perfect romper to wear in the summer months! (Forever21.com)

7. Stylish shorts

If your goal is to look super fashionable and well-dressed mid snore session, then these shorts are your new best friend. With a sophisticated new twist on the gingham print, who knew comfortable could look this cool? (forever21.com)

*Image sources: Google, unless otherwise specified

Hello! I'm Erin, a University of Iowa student often found doing crafty things or jamming out to alternative music. I love flowers, puns, concerts, and traveling. I've lived on the east coast and the west coast but the midwest is the best.
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.