How to Have Your Best Semester Yet, According to New Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Getting ready for a new semester of school is always super exciting. Scheduling classes, picking out school supplies, and planning outfits make preparting for school so fun, but once you actually get into the semester, your excitement seems to decline really quickly. Here at Her Campus, we’ve figured out how to keep that enthusiasm alive for the entire semester. We’ve decided to spill our secrets, and our pals from the loft over on New Girl are here to help us out. Read on to see what was included in our Back-to-School Survival Kit!

BOGO Chipotle Cards

The epic Chipotle v. Pancheros debate is a popular one, especially in Iowa City where the two are a block apart. But even if your heart beats solely for Panch, you can’t deny that a buy one, get one free card from Chipotle is amazing, especially for a college student on a budget. 

Chipotle prepares their delicious ingredients simply, using classic cooking techniques, without added sugar, artificial sweeteners, flavors or colors. This includes meats raised without antibiotics or added hormones, pasture-raised dairy, local produce when seasonably available and only non-GMO ingredients.

TRESemmé Perfectly (un)Done Sea Salt Spray & Perfectly (un)Done Wave Creation Sea Foam

Whether you roll out of bed and run to class every morning or set your alarm and shower every morning, you can’t deny the power of a good hair product. Try these products for the perfectly un(done) ‘do. 

TRESemmé, the #1 styling brand in the U.S., believes everyone should have access to salon innovations & the latest runway hair trends with our salon-quality, affordable hair care. The Perfectly (un)Done Sea Salt Spray has a lightweight formula to give hair a sexy, tousled texture for coveted beachy waves. The Perfectly (un)Done Wave Creation Sea Foam is infused with Sea Kelp Extract and will create soft, natural movement for effortless, bouncy waves that are full of body and never stiff or sticky.

Earbuds, Courtesy of 5-hour ENERGY

On your way to class, sometimes you just want to put on your headphones and rock out on your way to class (I love listening to my Discover Weekly playlist on Spotify). Whatever you choose to listen to, I think we can all agree that earbuds are a backpack essential. 

Cold-Eeze Samples

There comes that point in the semester where it seems like everyone around you is sick. Sneezing, coughing, aching, oh my! The university offers free flu shots to students, so take advantage! However, if you do catch a bug, Cold-Eeze has your back with cold and flu relief tabs.

5-hour ENERGY Shots

Whether you’re struggling to stay awake in your 8 a.m. class or trying to pull an all-nighter, 5-hour ENERGY Shots have been the choice energy-booster of college students for a few years now. S/O to HC for the yummy berry and pink lemonade flavors!

Martha Stewart Crafts Coupons

We all know how drab dorm rooms and apartments can be when you move in. Some of us opt to pin up posters and pictures, but the creative ones choose to create their own artwork and decor. Martha Stewart Crafts has all you need to get creative and produce a craft-astic living space. 

Love to DIY? Martha Stewart Crafts has thought of just about everything you’ll need to create your favorite projects! From party decorations to dorm room flair, Martha Stewart Crafts tools and project ideas have you covered. Find products like paper crafting tools, punches, paints and more to make your beautiful creations.

Penguin Random House We Were Liars Chapter Sampler

You finish your homework for the week (props to you!) and sit down to indulge in a Netflix marathon when you realize you’ve finished the show you’ve been binging on for weeks. You don’t want to jump into anything new too soon (dating advice often applies to Netflix, fun fact), so what do you decide to do? I know you’re going to groan when I say it, but try picking up a book for a change! Reading is a great day to relax while also getting smarter, and your brain won’t even notice it’s still doing work!

We Were Liars is a modern, sophisticated suspense novel from New York Times bestselling author, National Book Award finalist, and Printz Award honoree E. Lockhart. Read it.And if anyone asks you how it ends, just LIE.

NYC New York Color City Proof 24HR Waterproof Eyeshadow

With so much time spent on homework, studying and class in college, getting all dressed up and fancy (and maybe even putting on makeup) is saved for nights out or other special occasions. It’s an accomplishment to put makeup on when you’re so busy and stressed out! New York Color’s eyeshadow makes getting ready easier. 

New York Color embodies the spontaneous and unexpected energy of New York. Living vibrantly in Color and Style is what we believe in. The coolest new products in the hottest colors is what we do. Our mission is: To build a leading lifestyle brand that excites, engages, and inspires women with prestige quality cosmetics at a value price.

The City Proof 24HR Waterproof Eyeshadow is a chubby, waterproof eyeshadow that delivers vibrant color for up to 24HR wear! In eleven on-trend shades perfect for any look, just twist, glide, and go!

• 24HR Wear
  • Waterproof
  • Crease-proof
  • Intense color payoff
  • Glides easily for smooth application
  • Smear-proof and tear-proof

Diva Cup

No one wants to deal with that time of the month in college, especially in college when we’re all busy with schoolwork and student organizations and other commitments. Pads and tampons can just make the hustle and bustle of each day that much more annoying. The Diva Cup makes it all easier and produces less waste. Visit their website for more information. 

Her Campus HCXO Exclusive Pennant

Her Campus is the #1 online magazine for college women, so we pride ourselves on being feminists. Show your love for HC with pens, stickers, cups and, now, these adorable pennants. Girl power!

Have a great semester, U Iowa collegiettes! 

HCXO,

U Iowa Chapter of Her Campus

Sarah Nelson is senior at the University of Iowa pursuing a Journalism major, English minor, and Fundraising and Philanthropy Communication Certificate. When she's not binge-watching One Tree Hill or Jane the Virgin on Netflix (again), she's is probably rereading the Harry Potter series or writing for her blog, SarahNdipity. With an addiction to books and coffee, Sarah hopes to take the world by storm as a book editor. Or social media marketer. Or blogger. (She hasn't quite made up her mind yet, but that's okay because who says you have to be just one thing?)