Going to Class in Style

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Every day when heading to class, we are forced to lug around books and papers so that we are well prepared for learning.  Most people, myself included, are forced to carry around heavy duty backpacks that are capable of enduring heavy loads, but what about fashion?  Is it possible to look good and go to class at the same time? Thankfully the answer is yes.  There are many different options right in Iowa City that offer both utility and vanity.

The first place to check out is InBox.  This cute store not only has a ton of trendy clothes and shoes, but also carries some awesome backpacks, as seen above.  There are a few different styles, but these fashionable pieces will accompany any outfit wonderfully and sell for as little as $45.  So, if you have a heavier load and need some cute double-strap action, swing by and consider one of these backpacks!

If you’re someone with a little lighter work load, however, then a tote or canvas bag is for you.  Swing by Revival and you’ll find new and used clothes; some items are even vintage!  There are few bag, but the ones that are available are definitely worth the trip!  Priced at about $50, these totes make sturdy, amazing accessories for any outfit.

Vera Bradley, of course, also has an option for this type of tote in vibrant colors and designs.  Find them at Four Seasons for $88.  Vera also has a line of messenger bags, perfect for carrying your laptop around in style!

Say goodbye to that ugly, old utility backpack.  It’s time for an upgrade!  Check out one of these stores to find the perfect bag to fit your workload!

I am a student at the University of Iowa majoring in Journalism with a double major in English. I have always loved to read and write. I am a member of Ed on Campus with Iowa and it is this group that has really sparked my interest in magazines. Once I graduate from Iowa I hope to be hired at a magazine corporation such as Meredith or Hearst.
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.