~Flirty ‘n Fun~ Ideas for Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Fall is the time for pumpkin spice, wool scarves and falling leaves. However, it is also the perfect time to do ~cute~ things with your friends. These activities requite little to no extra spending on your part and will result in great memories and some AWESOME Instagram opportunities. Let the list begin:

1. Make your own pumpkin spice flavored drinks! 

This is my go-to fall flavor. It tastes like Thanksgiving and makes me feel all warm on the inside! (You can’t deny that that’s an amazing feeling.) I took my search to Pinterest and found some recipes that I think will put you in the autumn spirit!

This first drink is the Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate. Not only is this drink perfect for those cool, fall nights, it’s also really simple to make! (There are four ingredients, you guys, and you make in a crock pot! How much easier can it get?!) 

The second drink is typically known as being basic…If you guessed the Pumpkin Spice Latte, aka PSL for those of you not up-to-date with current terminology, you are today’s winner! Your prize is going to be having the recipe to make this delicious fall-themed beverage!

The last liquid option that I have for you all today is the Pumpkin Spice Milkshake! This drink will add to your pumpkin spice addiction even more! (Ugh, these all look so good! I think I will be making them year-round now!)

2. The next activity will require a little manual labor and a camera. 

Begin by finding the biggest tree possible, rake leaves (Or kick them into a pile with your feet! Whatever works!), and form a large mountain of dead foliage that is just begging for you to jump into it. Make sure your pictures feature plenty of falling leaves and your bright, happy smile! 

Get it, girl! *insert sassy woman emoji*

3. Since Halloween is approaching, you should probably watch your favorite seasonal movie.

*cough, cough, The Addams Family…* Nothing is more relaxing, or fun, than sitting down cuddled up in your coziest blanket, sipping on warm apple cider, all the while viewing your favorite movie. To make it more of a group gathering, invite your friends over beforehand and make some fall-themed snacks! (Okay, guys, a movie and snacks?!?! Is there any better combo than that?! Also, I posted some of favorite ones with their links listed below; you’re welcome) 

Personally, I think I will be obsessed with the acorn doughnuts!

4. Okay, I know how typical this is, but I think it’s a must for any autumn retreat…HAVE A BONFIRE! 

Whenever I smell firewood burning, I am automatically transported back in time to nights huddled with my friends around a raging fire, while eating sticky s’mores, and staring up at the Milky Way.  The smell of smoke will temporarily be ingrained into the fabric of your clothing, but the memories will last well into the coming winter months.

5. Lastly, one must always carve a pumpkin before the calendar hits December! 

However, many different styles for decorating pumpkins have popping up. It is now trendy to paint and bedazzle your glistening, orange globe. These ideas will help your pumpkin to stick around a couple weeks longer than it originally would have. PLUS, they also add character to any side table of your choosing.

For more ~flirty ‘n fun~ fall ideas, check out the best resource our modern Internet has to offer: Pinterest! This website has loads of cool and diverse options when it comes to creating the perfectly themed autumn-filled day!

Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4,  5, 6

Claire is a student at the University of Iowa studying Business Management and Entrepreneurship with a minor in Spanish and a Certificate in Sustainability. She is a self-proclaimed hippie and loves cacti and cats. Claire is low key (and by low key she means high key) OBSESSED with Vampire Diaries and anything vintage - specifically if it's high-waisted. Her future goals include owning a sustainable company and backpacking across Ireland. Join Claire as she brings you on her journey through the cornfields of Iowa ;)
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.