Fired Up Iowa City inc. for National Mom and Pop Business Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

In honor of Nation Mom and Pop Business day Her Campus UI is highlighting a special mom and pop shop here in Iowa City!

Maybe you’re looking for an escape.  Maybe you need a date night idea or just want to do something fun with your friends.  In any case, Fired Up Iowa City inc. could be the perfect place for you. You can paint anything from bowls and cups to little animal figurines.

Husband and wife owners, Michael and Nancy, founded the business back in 1998 after the couple hosted a potter painting New Years Eve party and were encouraged to start the business by their friends.  From then on, Fired Up Iowa City inc. has grown and continues to draw crowds of all ages.  Some new patrons are always drawn in, but Nancy said they still have teenagers or college students coming in who have been coming since they were in elementary school.

If you are wanting to support a mom and pop business and have some fun, take a trip to Fired Up Iowa City inc.  They even have their family dog there to do tricks for you.  How much more mom and pop business can you get!?

U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.