Ellandrea McKissack- Editor Through and Through

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Being extremely busy during college isn’t an easy task, but Ellandrea Mckissack has it mastered. Ellandrea is a junior at the University of Iowa and is an English and Studio Arts Major. She has been a part of HerCampus since the fall of her sophomore year and as the current HerCampus Co-Editor in Chief. As Co-Editor in Chief, Ellandrea edits the content for the page, runs the page, and makes sure all of her writers make their deadlines and on top of that she contributes some content to the page, as well.

It is easy to say that HerCampus has become a way of life for Ellandrea. Her passion to really take UIowa’s Chapter to the next level is unbelievable. She spends a remarkable amount of time and energy trying to help her writers, generates great content, and showcases the great talent there is at the University of Iowa. Last year she even created a new writing section called Modern Love, which depicts real couples stories and it delves into the in and outs of their relationship. The pieces she wrote were beyond relatable and quite compelling, and quickly became a favorite of the UIowa readers. Her friends have even gave her the nickname as the female version of Hitch. Ellandrea has many talents, but she is really shining as a writer/ Co-Editor, and is helping turn the UIowa Chapter into quite a hit on campus.

On top of the editor position, Ellandrea works at the art museum as a gallery attendant. She conducts research, gives tours, and is a mini curator, in a sense. It all started as a volunteer job, but when the position opened she took it. She is a true go-getter in that entity. Although she has a love for art, ultimately Ellandrea is trying to work her way up to her dream career, of being an Editor-in-Chief for a magazine. Maybe she will be the next Cosmo editor or a professional love columnist. She is already on her way, given that she spent her summer interviewing Buddy Valastro, the Cake Boss, and chatting with Paula Deen during her internship at The Daily Meal.com. She is already working her way up the celebrity ladder (hence you can google her).

Now don’t let her committment fool you she has fun as well. When she isn’t busy with her job, HerCampus, Ed on Campus, or her schoolwork, Ellandrea tries to work out and keep herself in good shape, but she also really enjoys going out with friends. She enjoys good food and has a soft spot for fashion. She prides herself on prepping herself for her future and what it may hold, but she is also looking to enjoy college, just like the rest of us!

U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.